Chapter 15

We sat in the living room, watching Disney movies to lighten the mood. It was able to lighten the mood.

A little too much.

Em spent the rest of the night sing–no screaming Disney songs. David eventually joined in and I, not wanting to be left out, joined in too. We screamed to our hearts content until Mrs. King yelled at us.

"Will you kids shut up! It's already eleven pm! Go to sleep!"

We became dead silent before bursting into laughter. "You heard the woman! It's time to sleep then." I said, turning off the tv.

"Today was so fun! Let's do it again tomorrow!" Emilia said, springing off the couch. David started yawning as he followed Emilia to their rooms. I got up to stretch and follow them when Shadow tapped my shoulder. I turned around to look at his mischievous face.

What do you want? I'm tired and I want to sleep already.

"D̸͟͞o̸͟͞n̸͟͞'t̸͟͞ b̸͟͞e̸͟͞ m̸͟͞e̸͟͞a̸͟͞n̸͟͞, I̸͟͞ j̸͟͞u̸͟͞s̸͟͞t̸͟͞ w̸͟͞a̸͟͞n̸͟͞t̸͟͞ t̸͟͞o̸͟͞ s̸͟͞h̸͟͞o̸͟͞w̸͟͞ y̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞ s̸͟͞o̸͟͞m̸͟͞e̸͟͞t̸͟͞h̸͟͞i̸͟͞n̸͟͞g̸͟͞! Y̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞ s̸͟͞h̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞l̸͟͞d̸͟͞ t̸͟͞u̸͟͞r̸͟͞n̸͟͞ o̸͟͞n̸͟͞ t̸͟͞h̸͟͞e̸͟͞ T̸͟͞V̸͟͞ a̸͟͞n̸͟͞d̸͟͞ s̸͟͞w̸͟͞i̸͟͞t̸͟͞c̸͟͞h̸͟͞ t̸͟͞o̸͟͞ t̸͟͞h̸͟͞e̸͟͞ n̸͟͞e̸͟͞w̸͟͞s̸͟͞ c̸͟͞h̸͟͞a̸͟͞n̸͟͞n̸͟͞e̸͟͞l̸͟͞! T̸͟͞h̸͟͞e̸͟͞r̸͟͞e̸͟͞ m̸͟͞i̸͟͞g̸͟͞h̸͟͞t̸͟͞ b̸͟͞e̸͟͞ s̸͟͞o̸͟͞m̸͟͞e̸͟͞t̸͟͞h̸͟͞i̸͟͞n̸͟͞g̸͟͞ e̸͟͞x̸͟͞c̸͟͞i̸͟͞t̸͟͞i̸͟͞n̸͟͞g̸͟͞!" He said, trying to sound innocent.

I stared at him suspicious, but turned on the tv anyway and switched to the news. This better be worth it Sha. And I swear to god if you killed another person!

"P̸͟͞s̸͟͞s̸͟͞h̸͟͞h̸͟͞h̸͟͞, h̸͟͞o̸͟͞w̸͟͞ c̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞l̸͟͞d̸͟͞ I̸͟͞ p̸͟͞o̸͟͞s̸͟͞s̸͟͞i̸͟͞b̸͟͞l̸͟͞y̸͟͞ k̸͟͞i̸͟͞l̸͟͞l̸͟͞ a̸͟͞n̸͟͞y̸͟͞o̸͟͞n̸͟͞e̸͟͞ i̸͟͞f̸͟͞ I̸͟͞ s̸͟͞t̸͟͞a̸͟͞y̸͟͞e̸͟͞d̸͟͞ b̸͟͞y̸͟͞ y̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞r̸͟͞ w̸͟͞h̸͟͞o̸͟͞l̸͟͞e̸͟͞ s̸͟͞i̸͟͞d̸͟͞e̸͟͞ t̸͟͞h̸͟͞e̸͟͞ w̸͟͞h̸͟͞o̸͟͞l̸͟͞e̸͟͞ d̸͟͞a̸͟͞y̸͟͞." Shadow said, giggling.

I sighed as I stared at the screen. I guess you're right... but I know for a fact that you killed Melissa!

Shadow shrugged as he sat next to me. "Breaking News! Another beloved teen has been brutally murdered! Many schools are closed until the murderer is found. These schools are will be closing–" I turned and glared at Shadow.

What the hell did you do?! I growled at him.

"A̸͟͞w̸͟͞, d̸͟͞o̸͟͞n̸͟͞'t̸͟͞ l̸͟͞o̸͟͞o̸͟͞k̸͟͞ a̸͟͞t̸͟͞ m̸͟͞e̸͟͞ l̸͟͞i̸͟͞k̸͟͞e̸͟͞ t̸͟͞h̸͟͞a̸͟͞t̸͟͞~ Y̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞ k̸͟͞n̸͟͞o̸͟͞w̸͟͞ I̸͟͞'m̸͟͞ n̸͟͞o̸͟͞t̸͟͞ a̸͟͞b̸͟͞l̸͟͞e̸͟͞ t̸͟͞o̸͟͞ k̸͟͞i̸͟͞l̸͟͞l̸͟͞ t̸͟͞h̸͟͞e̸͟͞m̸͟͞ i̸͟͞f̸͟͞ I̸͟͞'v̸͟͞e̸͟͞ b̸͟͞e̸͟͞e̸͟͞n̸͟͞ h̸͟͞e̸͟͞r̸͟͞e̸͟͞ t̸͟͞h̸͟͞e̸͟͞ w̸͟͞h̸͟͞o̸͟͞l̸͟͞e̸͟͞ t̸͟͞i̸͟͞m̸͟͞e̸͟͞!" Shadow said, lazily looking at me with the corners of his eyes as he inspected his claws for dirt or blood.

I almost believed him. Almost. Shadow you're a demon for crying out loud! You could've probably killed them without having to leave my side! Hell! You could probably kill this whole time in a blink of an eye!

I turned to him, staring him in his glowing white eyes. He opened his mouth, white smoke blowing out, enveloping the whole room. "I̸͟͞ t̸͟͞h̸͟͞i̸͟͞n̸͟͞k̸͟͞ i̸͟͞t̸͟͞'s̸͟͞ t̸͟͞i̸͟͞m̸͟͞e̸͟͞ f̸͟͞o̸͟͞r̸͟͞ y̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞ t̸͟͞o̸͟͞ s̸͟͞l̸͟͞e̸͟͞e̸͟͞p̸͟͞ M̸͟͞e̸͟͞l̸͟͞. Y̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞'r̸͟͞e̸͟͞ p̸͟͞r̸͟͞o̸͟͞b̸͟͞a̸͟͞b̸͟͞l̸͟͞y̸͟͞ t̸͟͞o̸͟͞o̸͟͞ t̸͟͞i̸͟͞r̸͟͞e̸͟͞d̸͟͞ t̸͟͞o̸͟͞ d̸͟͞e̸͟͞a̸͟͞l̸͟͞ w̸͟͞i̸͟͞t̸͟͞h̸͟͞ t̸͟͞h̸͟͞i̸͟͞s̸͟͞. W̸͟͞h̸͟͞y̸͟͞ d̸͟͞o̸͟͞n̸͟͞'t̸͟͞ y̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞ j̸͟͞u̸͟͞s̸͟͞t̸͟͞ s̸͟͞l̸͟͞e̸͟͞e̸͟͞p̸͟͞."

Before I could protest, my vision turned black. Sha what have you done. The last thing I thought before I lost consciousness.

I shot out of bed, scanning my surroundings instantly. I found myself in a guest bedroom, relieved i started to stretch. Remembering what happened last night, I clenched my fists and growled. Just what are you planning Sha?

I looked around, trying to find Shadow. I started exploring the house, hoping to find Shadow. Eventually I found him in the kitchen, twiddling his claws around. "O̸͟͞h̸͟͞ h̸͟͞i̸͟͞ M̸͟͞e̸͟͞l̸͟͞! H̸͟͞o̸͟͞w̸͟͞ w̸͟͞a̸͟͞s̸͟͞ y̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞r̸͟͞ s̸͟͞l̸͟͞e̸͟͞e̸͟͞p̸͟͞? I̸͟͞ h̸͟͞o̸͟͞p̸͟͞e̸͟͞ y̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞ s̸͟͞l̸͟͞e̸͟͞p̸͟͞t̸͟͞ s̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞n̸͟͞d̸͟͞l̸͟͞y̸͟͞." He said, as if last night didn't happen.

Oh two can play at that game. I thought to myself before saying, Oh, surprisingly I actually had a good sleep. I guess it's a lot comfier here! I said with mock happiness.