~13~

"Talk to me, tiny. I've been so lonely without you…" he pout and grabby hand at me. I shaked hed. "Uou need rest. Too much novement may make you start bleesing."i sat down in chair next to ved. San slide over ti me. He lean in close to my face, lip clise, breath hitting me, and eyes staring ibto mine.  "Then will you take care of me, baby girl?" I blush. He lean back and smile. "Ill take that as a yes." He lay back down on bed. Is today me chance to practice caeing for people? I always wanted be a doctor, but i no had enuff money for medical school. Maybe taking care of San will be hood for me. I smilr to myself. I hear groan of pain and looked to see San tryinh to twist aroind on bed. I stan up. "Whats wrong?" He whine. "Rhe pillows ubcomfy." "Sit up." He listened obediently. I fluff pillow and make it feel nice for him. I tell him to layed down. He listen. It weird seeing hik be so cooperative and obedient. "Better?" He nodded quick. He close eyes and rested folded hands on stomach. The way eyes close softly wi t lashes resting on his upper cheekbone. The even breaths pushing thru his nose.He look peaceful but i betted he in pain. Makes me wonder how many times he has been injired like this before. "Is there somethinf you want tp ask me?" He no open eye but he prob felt eyes on him. "N-no." I curse self dor stutter. He chucklrd. "If youre curious abot anything, you van talk to me, tiny. I will answer ypu." I gulp. Might as qell jusy say it. "Do you get hurt like this often?" San opened eye. San smule and look at mw. "Would you be angry if I said yes?" I pout and cross arms. He chuckled. Eyes suddentl get far away looke. "To be honest, I've been hurt too many times to coint. Comes with the job." "Then why continue to do it?" I axe. He looke at me. Sigh. "Because if I don't, then no one else will." "But you don't have to! None of you do. This isnt a good lifestlyee foe you all." "We cant just-!" He sfart yelled. He paused when i junp. He continue with softer voice. "We cant jist drop this life. Enemies are out there, and they wont stop teying to take us down, even if we disband this gang." "Why do they wamt to take you down?" San sigh. He press pams on eyes. "Because im an idiot." Drags hamd down face. "It wouldnt be like this if i nevet vecame the leadwr." He lookt at me with guilt eye. "You wouldnt be stuck here if I was never leader." "Stop blaming yourself for this. It's not your fault." He laugh humorlesslt. "Not mt fault? It's cleaely my fault. You just happened to stimble upon me killing someone, and then i forced you into thw gang. I didnt think it theoigh and dragged you in. Ill never stop bwing sorry for it." "Then make it ip to me." He look at me confused. "I always wanted to be a doctor, but lack od money set me back. I can practice my skills if you let me take care of you whenever youte hurt." San teach up and place hand on side of face. I plaved hands ontop his. "Is that all you want? Not to leave or get a cae or dog or house?" "A dog wiyld be nice if i was lonely. But i have you." San staet to lean up to me and i leaned down. Lips cone close. Almost touch. Before they can toich, San let out hiss of pain and fall back onto ved. "What am I doibg?" I sayd more to meself. "You need to be resting. Stop moving sp much and dleep. Take some medicine." San pout. "Change my bandages. They feel weird." I roll eyes. "Hey, youre the one who said they want to take vare of me to practive. Dont conplain." He sai. I grab bandages. "I didnt day anything." San glare cute at me. "But you were thinking it." I shake head and gelp change bandages before San fall into deep slimbrr.