Chapter VI

It has been a whole three months since Jedi and I started "going out. I still don't understand why he is doing this manipulative scheme. There was no real logic or motive behind all this. No achievement or anything. It made absolutely no sense.

I was up before the sun this morning. Today I'm helping make sweets for the football family meeting for the end of the football season or something along those lines. All I know is that Juliet signed us up to help for the volunteer hours. It's at school and me and some others are helping. I got up and changed into khaki colored shorts and a maroon colored school worker t-shirt that had our school's name written in white and worker on the back. It didn't do much to my appearance beside the pony tail to keep the hair from my face.

There was only a few other cars in the school parking lot when I arrived. Just as I thought, no one was willing going to sign up to be up this early in the morning.

"Hey hey" I said putting my bag down and grabbing some of the wobbling things on top of Juliet pile.

"Hey chicka " she said mixing what looked like chocolate chip cupcake batter. Hours went by and we all finished everything we had to, we decorated yesterday so we didn't have to today. We place the food out in the lounge room.

"Forest, you are working the cupcake stand, then the drinks okay." The coach said walking around with his clipboard. I walked over to the cupcake stand and started putting out the cupcakes. I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket.

Forest, are you doing anything today?

It was from Jedi. I answered saying that I'm working. Later on the football players started arriving with their families. Jedi would probably be here soon but I didn't really care. Well at least I tried to convince myself that I didn't. I was asked to volunteer so here I am.

"Hey Forest." Joe said walking up to the cupcake stand.

"Hey Joe Joe" I said smiling at my friend.

"Cupcake?" I offered holding out a chocolate cupcake with red frosting.

"I would love one. " he said taking it from me.

JEDI'S POV

I was talking with some of my friends from the team, This was the last season we will ever play together before everyone divides away to different universities. My family and I are at this football meeting, banquet. I didn't really want to do thing but as the captain I had to. I wanted to get out of here and go see Forest.

"Hey Jedi" Joe said giving me a hand shake. He was one of Forest friends, he's also on the team.

"Hey Joe" I said. I wasn't really close to Joe as a friend but he was on the team and the team itself is somewhat close for a team.

"Your girlfriend sure as hell knows how to make cupcakes." he said as if I knew what the hell he was talking about.

"Uh... yeah" I answered. I had no idea what he was talking about. But it's just better to play along.

"She's working the cupcakes stand, " Joe said rolling his eyes walking away with a chuckle. What the hell did he say? I walked around looking for Forest. I saw her standing behind a table talking with some guys from the team. I walked over to her and placed an arm around her. She turned around sending me that sweet smile of hers. The one that makes my knees tremble and my heart hurt from pounding so hard.

"Hey Jedi" she said handing my a cupcake.

"Cupcake?" Forest asked me.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered into her ear as I brought her closer to me. I liked having her close to me, I'm not sure why but it just felt right.