Part 2: The snow

Xue Yang and Xiao Xingchen walked into coffin town. As Xue Yang looked in the basket at the food and candy he brought, his stomach growled.

"You're hungry aren't you?" Xiao Xingchen smiled

"Xiao Xingchen stop saying nonsense words." Xue Yang set a hand in the pile of candy and pulled two out and threw them in his mouth.

"You'll get fat..."

"What?"

"With how much candy you're eating you'll get fat."

"Didn't I say you talk too much nonsense. Xiao Xingchen..."

"Please call me Daozhang."

"Fine."

Xue Yang set the things on a table outside and started to cut potatoes and Other vegetables. "God what is that little brat gonna cook tonight?"

"A-Qing is sweet, she's just a kid."

"Not answering my question."

"Yes she is helping me."

"That brat makes shit noodles..."

"Those are mine..." Xiao Stopped and then started to walk away.

"Wait" Xue Yang ran to him and grabbed his waist and swung him around their faces, almost touching.

"Xue Yang. Let go of me"

"Right. Never mind..." Xiao Xingchen walked away into the built house.

"A-Qing... A-Qing-" she stopped and smelled the air. "Song Lan..."

Song Lan looked up. "Daozhang...." he got up and ran to hug him. "Zichen!" He hugged him tight. "Why are you here?"

"I saw A-Qing and she invited me in."

"Great! Xue Yang and I just got back and Gonna cook dinner. Where's A-Qing?"

Song Lan frowned "Xue Yang... oh A-Qing is sleeping."

"Ok. We shall get out and leave her alone."

They two walked out. Xue Yang turned around. "Xiao Xingchen, what is he doing to her!"

"Call me Daozhang. And he is staying here for dinner."

"No!"

"Stop being rude just be nice for once!"

Xue Yang stopped and stood up throwing the knife to Xiao Xingchen that Song Lan grabbed before it hit Xiao Xingchen.

"Fine, you make dinner!" Xue Yang started to run. He didn't know where but followed the path.

"He'll be back. It's close to winter and can snow at any point. It will get cold at night." Xiao Xingchen sat at the table gathering the rest of the food and going into the kitchen to put it all in a pot.

Xue Yang continued to run till he came to a stop at a nearby lake. He sat on the ground grabbing a rock and throwing it at the water.

"DAMN YOU!" He got mad. A wave of wind came rushing through. "Ah! Ugh stupid wind." He grabbed a little candy from his shirt and set it next to him.

"Xue Yang..." Song Lan stood behind him.

"Go away!" He stood up, throwing a rock at him. It wasn't the best thing to throw cause Song Lan saw him pick it up.

"Why do you hate me!"

"You took him from me! If... that brat wasn't there. And if you weren't here. He would only focus on me!"

"Xiao Xingchen?"

"YES!" He walked up grabbing Song Lan's collar pulling him close. "He's always caring about everyone but himself!"

"So he is looking after you in a nutshell."

"Shut up!" He let go pushing him away. "Go away. Leave me alone."

"Dinners are going to be ready."

"Not hungry. I'll stay here for the night!"

"It's supposed to snow."

"Who cares."

"Daozhang does."

"Don't call him that!"

"Fine."

With that he turned around and walked away. Xue Yang leaned against one of the trees that were there. Drifting into a soft sleep stage.

"Xue Yang!"

"Ugh"

"Xue!"

He felt his body being picked up. Something cold was hitting his neck. "It's so cold" Xue Yang said very quietly.

"AHH!" Xue Yang woke up in bed. He coughed trying to breath.

"Xue Yang..." Xiao Xingchen had a bowl. He looked at the soup but not Xiao.

"Is that soup?"

"Yes. It snowed and you never came back. You passed out... I went out to find you. I felt your head. There's High fever."

"Oh."

"How is your appetite?"

"I don't want the soup I guess. I just want more warmth and-" Xue Yang finally looked at Xiao Xingchen. "Your bleeding!" He set his hand on Xiaos' face.

"I was just scared."

"Of what?"

"You. Not. Coming. Home."