The small kick

Sorry I know it's short but... I mean it's short and sweet.

The day was warm. It was sunny and the snow finally melted. Xue Yang and A-Qing we're outside. A-Qing was learning how to shoot arrows. While Song Lan and Xiao Xingchen were making baskets. It was nice. A-Qing picked up an arrow and looked at Xue Yang. His stomach was big. He was 5 months old. He was still waiting for the day. The day the baby would move.

"A-Qing you have to have a target. You're just shooting at nothing..."

"Well I'm trying Xue Yang! Stop, I'm still learning." She said poking his belly. He moved back and then looked at a tree.

"See that. That's my target..." He took a breath in and looked at his target and pulled his bow up. He slid his whole arm back. As he let out his air he let go of the arrow and it hit him smack in the middle of the tree. A-Qing was shocked and threw down the bow.

"No fair! I don't either. How about we... oh you can teach me how to use your sword!"

"Nope. Sorry young lady but I can't show you." Xue Yang said, picking her bow up and staying on the ground unable to get up because of his stomach.

"Why?!" A-Qing said, trying to help him up. "Maybe you shouldn't bend down anymore..." A-Qing said finally getting him up. Xue Yang walked around and sat down on the bench. He leaned back and eyes his stomach. A-Qing ran in and came out with water.

"Here you go!" She said smiling and handing him the cup. He downed it and then stretched and then his eyes went wide.

A-Qing sat down and looked at him. And saw his face. She set a hand on his leg and looked at him.

"Xue?"

"Shhh!" He said, setting his hands down and onto his stomach pulling his robe aside so you could see his bare skin.

"W-what?" She asked nervously. He turned and then felt it again. He got up and walked to Xiao Xingchen.

"Thanks for leaving me!" She said the following.

He walked in and grabbed Xiao Xingchen's hand and set it on his stomach and waited. Xiao Xingchen felt something but didn't say anything.

"Did you not just feel that?!" Xiao Xingchen slowly nodded but wasn't sure.

"That was the kid?" He asked weirdly. Xue Yang nodded and grabbed both his husbands hand and set them on his stomach and smiled.

"Wasn't that just... Perfect!" He said laughing. Xiao Xingchen didn't know what to say so he didn't. He just stood still. "Xiao?"

"Y-yeah?" Xue Yang felt like Xiao didn't know what was going on. He stood still and felt the flutter again.

"There that!"

"Xue Yang..." Xiao Xingchen said quietly.

"Yes..."

"I'm too happy I'm speechless!" He said pulling Xue Yang into a long hug. Song Lan was there looking at A-Qing who shrugged.

"Mind explaining?"

"Oh I just felt the kid!" Xue Yang said happily. Song Lan looked at his stomach waiting for movement but didn't see it. He turned and A-Qing started to give out a long sigh.

"For some reason I thought maybe you had something to tell me. Turns out it's just that kid!" A-Qing said with a small laugh.