Part 3: the cold air

"You. Not. Coming. Home."

"What! Ow!" He set a hand on his head.

"Xue Yang take it slow ok?"

"Yeah yeah sorry. What time is it"

"It's just late at night. 10 maybe 11"

"Oh."

"The soup is freshly made, you should eat it."

"Thanks but I'm good." Xue Yang laid down, sitting on hand behind his head. "You can go."

"Could I sleep with you. In case you need any help. And you can borrow my robe. You look cold."

"Uh" Xue Yang blushed. "Sure. But I don't need your robe." Xue Yang moved to make room. There was plenty but once Xiao got in the bed Xue Yang cuddled close. He set his face on Xiao Xingchen's chest.

"Xue Yang. You said you weren't cold."

"I lied cause I want you to be warm." Xiao took one of his arms and set it around Xue Yang pulling him close.

"Don't run away. Ever."

"Ok." Xue smelled his scent for a long time before he fell asleep.

Two hours later

"HELP!" Xue Yang sat up. Scared. Confused. Hot. Sweating.

"What's wrong?"

"Bad dream." Xiao's arm laid across the waist of his old enemy Now a friend.

"I can't sleep." Xue Moved out of the bed and to the window. "The snow is amazing come look-" Xue Stopped. "I mean."

"Don't worry about it."

"I..."

"Come back to bed I can rub your back."

"No need. But I will come back." Xue Yang sat back in the bed. Xiao Xingchen sat up. And let Xue Yang lay on his stomach while he would start to braid Xue's hair.

"Why are you being so nice?"

"Because I never gave you a chance. I did but it wasn't you.."

Xue Yang felt his breathing become a little faster.

"I see" Xue Yang's eyes were so heavy but forced himself to stay awake. "Do you like winter time?"

"Yes. I do."

"Aren't you cold?" Xue Yang watched as Xiao Xingchen's breathing slowed again. This time Xue set one of his hands on Xiao's torso.

"No. I used to love the cold. Watching the snowflakes. All so different but have the same idea."

"I don't understand how simple yet complex you are."

"Just flow with life."

Xue Yang woke up, the sun now showing.

"Daozhang must have gotten up."

"Yep!"

"AH!"

A-Qing smiled sharply.

"Why are you so mean to him? He had blood on his face."

"You can't see."

"I smelled" she recovered saying. "So what did you do!"

"Nothing."

"MEANY!" She hit him with her bamboo stick.

"Ow!"

"Haha!"

"STOP!" He grabbed her stick, yanking it. She fell and he grabbed the stick snapping it. "LEAVE ME ALONE YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

She stood up and turned around walking out the door. She came back a moment later with a bucket with water. "FINE!" She threw it on him.

"AHHH!" He got up and she started to run out and bumped into someone.

"Oops sorry-"

"Ugh. What did I say about running fast."

"HELP HE'S GOING TO KILL ME!" A-Qing got

Up hiding behind Xiao Xingchen.

"That brat threw cold water on me!"

"A-Qing..."

"It's because he broke my bamboo stick!"

"Xue Yang..."

"That... Fine I did."

"Rude!" A-Qing said still hiding behind Xiao.

"Stop please. I already am not feeling good. And you two fighting isn't helping. I came to get Xue anyways. There's a hot spring and I was wondering if he would join me."

"Ok I really need that."

Xue Yang shivered walking through the new snow.When he saw the water he ran a jumped into the steaming area

"Ahhh. So good"

Xiao Xingchen got there and then stripped and as he took off his last robe Xue Yang finally noticed. "XIAO! W-what are you-"

"Daozhang... it's my name. Please say it right."

he slid in and took off his blindfold.

"Daozhang your so white. And NAKED"

"So what. I don't want my clothes wet."

Xue Yang couldn't keep his eyes away from the elegant man.