Albus-Part 5

I shoved past all the small first years to get to the centre of the common room where burly Roy was chatting to a reclined Atticus. Confrontation was a new concept to me, especially having been friends with Scorpius, of whom wouldn't dare hurt a fly, but I was so angry, so exasperated at what happened in Potions. I squared up to Atticus, who only had about an inch on me, but with Roy, it was another 200 pounds.
"What the hell was that? That was completely uncalled for! It was our fault we didn't get all the ingredients, it was nothing to do with Scorpius." My cheeks were crimson and ablaze, but I stood my ground.
"He had it coming, he should've just handed it over if he knew what was good for him– I get you're in love with him and everything but you're on my side now..."
"I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH SCORPIUS." I blurted indignantly. In my peripheral vision, I saw Roy snigger and say 'it doesn't sound like it' then Samirah elbowed him. Regardless, I maintained the standoff with Atticus.
"Then start acting like it, Potter. You're in Slytherin for a reason, you're cunning and don't need to care about other people, else you'll never get anywhere!"
This raised some eyebrows around the common room, as there was now this unspoken rule about Slytherin characteristics. There were now a lot of people who had now had enough of being constantly antagonised, based on the predecessors of Slytherin house. I couldn't fully claim the credit to this change of heart but being a Potter in Slytherin helped me appreciate the vices and virtues of preservation and determination.
Samirah stood up. 

"Atticus, you're one of the reasons everyone automatically assumes we're bad- by any standards it was wrong to punch the Malfoy kid." I nodded in agreement but she glared at me in an equally hostile manner.
"You're not much better, Albus." She sighed and looked back down at her issue of the Quibbler. I should've asked her what she meant but instead, I just sat down, my head turned away from the rest of the room. Samirah had seen what happened and refused to speak to me from that point onwards- to any of us.
I knew I was a bad person and I constantly told myself I didn't know how to change it. But I did- and it was very simple- apologise.