Mr. Xiao

This is what I wanted, right? To have to run from something that could cause me injury? I don't know anymore but I don't want to know. I just want, no need, to run.

My bare feet pounder against the grass, picking up tiny pieces of the green blades due to the dew that dampened the grass.

I saw the street and practically sighed with relief. As soon as my foot hit the solid concrete of the sidewalk, a new burst of energy swelled within me.

A smile was plastered to my face as I ran. I was finally getting my disaster. I let out a scream of excitement as I ran, ignoring the weird looks I was getting.

I stopped dead in my tracks. I stood face to face with a poster. A missing poster. With my name and face on it.

Already?

Dang these men move fast.

I shrugged before running again. I just kept running straight. It's all I really could do. After a while, I stopped at an alleyway. My sides were heaving as I leaned against the wall. I looked at my phone and searched for directions back to the college.

Seeing as I was thirty minutes, more like an hour since I was on foot, I groaned.

"Need help pretty lady?"

I looked up to see a rather attractive male leaning against the opposite wall, "Oh uh, yes. But, first, who are you?"

"I am none other than Mr. Xiao."

The name doesn't ring a bell, as clearly displayed through the dumbfounded look he received from me.

"So he didn't mention me? Offended. I saw your face on a poster, Y/N. I really think we could help each other."

"Can you answer my question?"

"Feisty, just like a firecracker. You know, that's my new nickname for you. Firecracker."

"Answer the question."

"Dejun. The name's Dejun."

"Thank you. And how exactly can we help each other?"

"Because Mr. Lee wants you but he has something...someone I want."

"Who is it?"

"You may know her. She goes by the name Jugyeong."

That's all it took.

Now, I am not some horrible person to just give out locations of my friends. I simply just let him text her, watching very carefully.

After he finished talking to her, he looked at me, "So, Firecracker, where are you headed?"

"The university around here," I answered.

"Still in college is he? Thought he would've dropped out with all the illegal things he does," Dejun muttered, sounding perplexed.

"I have classes today so, like, if you could hurry that'd be great."

"I'm going," he chuckled before heading out of the alleyway, walking down the street.