NINE

The drive back home was awkward for the most part. His mother,as well as himself were silent as the dead. It felt quite strange to Jungkook as he thought that years of not seeing each other would lead not nonstop talking,so they were able to catch up.

After on hour on the road,with no music even playing Jungkook reached for the radio and turned it on. His mother glanced at him quickly and smiled,"You've always loved music,I remember that clearly." she told him,her eyes focused on the road. Jungkook nodded his head,"Yup..." He chuckled slightly.

It went back to silence after that. Jungkook didn't really like the awkward atmosphere so he thought and thought of a question to ask.

'How is work? '

No Jungkook that is a boring question!

'How did you react when I revealed I was gay? '

Uhh no that can make things more awkward.

'Are you in a relationship?'

Why would I ask that? She would have told me by now!!

Jungkook couldn't think about the correct question to ask. So there went another hour of silence. Though this time there was music. Jungkook looked over at his mom,she brought a bunch of old memories of Jungkook's childhood,when he lived with her. Just then it hit him.

"Mom?" He asked. She frowned," I remember you used to call me mommy or momma." She said with a soft chuckle. Jungkook smiled at her and continued,"Um how is TaeTae,Jiminie,and Nam?" He asked her. His mom nodded,"Oh well I see them around. I don't really know how they are though." She told him,"I stopped talking to their mother's a couple months after you left." She finished. A quiet 'oh' left Jungkook's lips.

     "Well we are almost home. Are you excited?" His mother asked after a couple minutes of more silence. Jungkook nodded and smiled "Actually yes, I have been wanting to come back for a while." He said

~~

His mother kept driving for thirty more minutes. She got to their small town, and she drove to the direction of the street their house was in. Jungkook looked around, he recalled exactly where everything was. He smiled at the sights that were upon him.

Eventually he saw his house. With the big tree in the front yard. The same colors, and everything. His mother parked in their parking space. Jungkook smiled widely as he got off the vehicle. He turned in every direction, as he recalled all the wonderful times he spent here. He looked at the house in front of him. Taehyung's house.

     His smiled was now faint and he slightly bit his lip. He remembered all the wonderful memories he had with Taehyung. He walked over to the sidewalk and looked down the street trying to see Jimin's house as well as Namjoon's. He smiled as he looked around the street, his mind seeing those fun times he had with the boys. Especially the times they played hide and seek, and chased the neighbors' cat.

He sighed as he thought about everything he lost when he left. He bit his lip and walked over to the car to grab his bags. His mother stood there waiting patiently for him with a smile.

"You ready to get inside?" She asked him. Jungkook nodded and they did just that.

Taehyung's Perspective:

Taehyung was sitting in his room. If you checked the time it was 6:37 PM, but if you asked Taehyung he would probably say 4:40 PMish. He had been sitting in his room since 4:00 PM being bored so time in his head was passing by slowly. Sadly he couldn't go to Namjoon's house since he was grounded. He had been skipping school for a week. And why~ well to see this boy who went to another school. Namjoon said that they were just really great friends, like anyone actually believed that.

Anyways,so all Taehyung could do was sit in his room being bored.

It was about 6:40 PM when he decided to go take a shower. It would take him out of his streak of boredom, at least for twenty minutes. He got up and picked his pajamas and then went to the bathroom.

He turned on the water, putting it at the desired temperature before he took his clothes off. He went into the shower and started washing himself.

~~

After twenty minutes of being in the shower, Taehyung got out and turned the water off. He got dried himself up and then got dressed putting on his pijamas, which was just some grey sweats and a red t shirt.

     He went over to his room and locked the door behind him. Taehyung went over to the window to open the curtains and let some light in. That's when he saw him. A boy, across the street.

     Taehyung arched his brow as he saw him. He stared at him for a while, trying to figure out who it could be. The boy across the street then gave a smile, the cutest bunny smile ever. That's when Taehyung started to remember. Could it be? Could it be Jungkook, the boy that moved away when he was younger. His childhood best friend.

     Taehyung stared at him as he saw the boy looking down the street. 'Jimin and Namjoon's houses' he thought, 'could he be looking at that?' He asked himself, as he still tried to figure out if that was Jungkook.

     He looked at the boy, who took one last look at Taehyung's house before going for his bags and heading inside.
Taehyung whispered to himself, "It is him..." He said biting his lip and going to his bed. He collapsed on top of it as he mumbled, "He would be so disappointed in me, in us." He said. He then wondered what has become of Jungkook. If he was still the sweet and shy boy. Or did he become like Taehyung who was now the bad boy of the school.

     Taehyung closed his eyes as he thought of his childhood with the boy. He wondered what it would have been like if Jungkook wouldn't have left. Maybe Taehyung wouldn't have changed so drastically. Or maybe it was always meant for Taehyung to change. Sort of like destiny.. As he thought about all of this he soon closed his eyes and fell asleep.
___________________________
[unedited]
Hey people's! I feel like it's starting to get interesting. Idk though~ anyways i haven't been writing much. Like before I used to have so much pre-written chapters and now this chapter like is the last one I have. I need to start writing more. And I will. Also I'm almost to 200 reads so like thanks. I love you guys 😘

XOXO - KIMMIEDULSE ♥️