• Little Troublemaker •

At Lucy's Appartment
Lucy's POV

I don't wanna cause any unnecessary hassle. Maybe I should just let the poor boy in.

I looked at Ms. Emerelda sheepishly. "T-true, true! Elias, come in quickly.

"Thank you Ms. Emerelda!" I gushed, shutting the door hastily. I leaned my back again the door and exhaled in relief.

I put my hands on my hips and looked at Elias helplessly.
I placed a hand on his head. "My dear, did you come alone?"

Elias looked down and gripped his shirt tightly. This surprised me a bit. Nevertheless, I gave him a tiny yellow pair of indoor slippers, and picked him up. I placed him on the kitchen counter and wrapped my favourite fluffy blanket around him. He peered up at me.

"Are you hungry? Let me make you something, alright? What would you like to eat?" I smiled.

Elias stared at me for a moment, then realized I was speaking to him. His hand reached his side and he kept fidgeting as if he were searching for something.

Ah...His iPad!

I gave Elias a pen and notepad and he accepted it. I watched him as his little fingers fumbled all over the notepad. It was sort of amusing. He tore the page out and showed it to me.

"Rice omelette with a side of salad." It read.

Hmmmm...looks like his intellect is fine. Then why is he unwilling to speak? Is it because he doesn't want to speak...or he can't speak?

"I'll prepare them. Will you be good and stay here, Elias?" I asked.

He nodded and cuddled into my blanket even more. I went over to the stove, and tied my hair into a long ponytail. I then grabbed my favourite pink and yellow apron and tied the strings into a bow behind my back.

I got a bowl and chopsticks out, cracked 2 eggs into the bowl, and whisked the eggs. I then sprinkled seasoning into the eggs and left them to cook.

I made the rice and mixed it with the eggs. I added different vegetables and meats. I then made a small bacon salad to go on the side.

I finished.

I laid the plates on the working-top in front of Elias. "You've been patient. Here's your food, dear."

Elias' eyes sparkled and he instantly grabbed his chopsticks and started eating.

I sat in front of him and placed my hand under my chin, looking at him hazily.

"...My dear, after eating, could you give me your butler's or daddy's contact number?" I asked.

Elias stopped eating. He looked stunned. Suddenly, tears welled up in his eyes.

I didn't do anything wrong, did I?

I'll be a professional doctor when people come to the hospital. When they leave, our relationship ends there.

I'd prefer a simple patient-doctor relationship.

Elias wrote a number on the notepad, slammed the notepad and pen on the table, and ran away to a corner. I looked at my phone, then back at Elias. He sat in a fetal position.

I walked over to him.

There are so many instances where I'd just want to hug him.

I reached my hand out, then slowly retracted it.

But in the end, I didn't do anything.

I don't want Elias appearing in my life too frequently.
I don't have any emotions or patience to spare for him.