• Marry Me •

In the Morning @ FairyVille Hospital
LUCY'S POV

I spent the following week busy with work. I have more than 2 operations to perform each day, working myself to the bone. I thought it would be a difficult week, but I didn't even realize time had past by so quickly.

"It's already nine..." I sighed as I looked at my phone.

I had a notification from Levy. I opened it up. When I saw what it was, I furrowed my eyebrows.

Levy: Lucy, are you coming?

Levy: It's better if you don't come. Lisanna and Andrew are really annoying. Lisanna is still showing public display of affection, but Andrew still has some pride and didn't play along with her.

Levy: Lisanna is trying out ways to try and get info about you from us. But I ignored her. Not sure if other classmates said anything.

Levy: I heard they're working at the Neurology Department in Boca Hospital. They worked as Assistant Chief Physicians the moment they got in. This makes me boil up.

I dropped my hand down to my side, which trembled in anger. I then growled lowly. Hastily, I zoomed past doctors who called out for me, but I turned a blind eye to them.

I'm already 26, single, and my resume doesn't look good.
My classmates who didn't get better results than me went overseas for further studies, and are working as Assistant Chief Physicians in a famous hospital the moment they return.

I started working the moment I graduated, and used up my remaining free time to continue to improve and develop myself.

I have more clinical experience than them, and I won't lose out to them in my technical skills too. But I can only work at the bottom in a small hospital.

I staggered into my office, heavily light-headed. I nearly tripped in my heels. I dragged myself over to my desk and sat down on my desk with my hands over my face.

I thought about the airplane Andrew took when he went to travel overseas.

If. . .
If I'd taken the chance, how would it have turned out?

I heard the door creak open.

"Leave the documents on the table, I'll sign them later," I spoke, too knackered to look up.

I didn't hear a response, nor did I hear the person leave. I reluctantly look up with a dazed face.

CEO Natsu was standing in front of me with his arms crossed-- he gazed around my office. My eyes widened.

He walked over to me, leaned over, and switched my computer off.

What the heck!?

"What are you-!"

He then proceeded to remove my White Coat. I instantly jolted.

"Mr Natsu! We're in public!" I yelled furiously.

He held my White Coat in one hand and gazed at me with a poker face.

"Please behave!" I warned sternly.

He looked down at me and said, "You're tired. I'll take you home so you can rest."

He stepped closer and I immediately retreated.

"We aren't close enough for such inappropriate actions!" I growled. I was really mad, not to mention, I was tired as heck.

He grabbed onto my wrist so suddenly; it startled me.

"Inappropriate? What do you mean by, inappropriate?" he queried.

"Let go!" I busted out.

He smiled as if to tease me. "And if I don't?"

"Natsu, don't take my kindness for advantage!" I shouted vulnerably.

"Then, don't be."

"Uh...uh...Dr Lucy...." a familiar voice stuttered out of no where.

I looked over at the direction, of the door, and saw Levy standing there, flustered from head to toe.

"...!!"

Crap...it's a misunderstanding. This is so annoying! It's all thanks to this stupid rich guy!

I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Mr. Natsu's son is having issues. I'll have to take a look. Leave the documents on my table, I'll sign them tomorrow," I said.

"O-okay..." Levy squeaked. She scurried out of the room swiftly, closing the door behind her lightly.

I turned around to look at Natsu, who was now leaning on my desk.

"What exactly do you want!?" I cried out.

He looked down as if he were considering something.

"Lucy. Marry me."

I stood there dumb-founded.

"E-Excuse me?" I stuttered.

He moved closer to my face.
"Marry. Me." He repeated.

"I think I'm hearing things--is this what sleep deprivation does to people-"

He moved even closer, so that we were nearly touching noses. I retreated.

"Hah? Are you serious!? Since when were we that close to be talking about marriage?" I asked nervously--but confidently (if that makes any sense).

He gave me direct eye contact and smiled.

"I'm serious, Lucy."

I folded my arms and raised my eyebrows. "Oh? You are really a serious person to be proposing to someone you've only met thrice." I mocked, trying to catch him out.

He smiled confidently. "Who says you can't marry someone you've met thrice? With the right person, you can register marriage meeting once. With the wrong person, you can date for 10 years and still draw a line with each other."

He got me;;

He walked over to me, I pouted angrily. "I'm sure that you are someone who can be with me for the rest of my life."

He moved even closely, giving me direct eye contact. His eyes were beautiful...

"Which is why, I want to marry you."

I blushed and fanned a hand at him. "Tell that to someone else," I said as I took a step back, "I'm sure lots of women would love to hear that."

DING DONG!

Natsu looked at the direction of the door.
He swiftly grabbed my hand, leaned closer to me, and grabbed my waist.

What is he-!?

He stared deeply into my eyes and he lifted up our now-intertwined-hands.

I looked at our hands and flushed profusely.

I can't sense any deceitfulness in his eyes...

Murmur---- murmur----
Whisper~~ whisper~~

I snapped back into reality. Everyone was gazing and pointing at us through my huge glass office windows.

Crap! I forgot to close my blinds!

Natsu understood the situation and stepped back respectfully.

"Lucy?"

My eyes widened.

That voice...

"Sorry, please excuse me." I rushed away from the crowd of people.

"Lu...!"

"Lucy!" The voice called out again.

I clutched my hands over my arms.

Damn you...Andrew!

However, what Lucy didn't notice, was that Natsu peeked at Andrew, with his arms crossed....