• My Fiancée •

The Following Day @ FairyVille Hospital

Lucy knocked gently on the hard, oak wood office door.

"Prof Jellal, it's Lucy."

"Dr Lucy, please come in," A man with blue hair and a strange-looking birthmark down his right eye, turned around and smiled friendly at Lucy.

He stood up. "Have a seat. I'm just going to search for some materials."

"Sure! Just do your thing," Lucy smiled, sitting on the blue, soft couch.

Prof Jellal is a Harvard graduate.

After becoming a professor, he worked in FairyVille hospital the moment he came back to his home country. He does research on cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.

He could've gone to a better and bigger hospital, but he chose to stay in FairyVille.

And because of him, the hospital's ranking in the country has increased alot.

"Take this book and read it," he said, handing Lucy a thick brown book.

Lucy took it gratefully and peered at it curiously. "This is..."

"The new concept on cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases. It's my topic for Wednesday. I'll need to prepare some materials on my side. I need you, Lucy, to help me in the translation for this. Can it be done?" he asked.

Lucy peered up at him. "Sure," she replied, "But didn't the medical devices company send any assistant? What about your medical team? They should be better at translating this than me."

"To be honest, I'm not very pleased about the work done by the people around me, which is why I asked you," he smiled.

Lucy smiled. "Then I'll accept it. I do want to be more involved in topics like these."

"I can bring you to more conferences like these more often. I have good connections, your skills can be improved," Jellal kindly suggested.

Lucy waved her hand. "No, no, no! I'm already grateful and thankful that you considered. You must be very busy. Besides, I'm afraid that if you do that, the other doctors might kill me, haha."

He laughed softly. "Alright, alright. I'll try to keep it lowkey. You can go back to work now. Ask me if you don't understand something."

"Ok, then. Thank you! I'll leave first, then," Lucy said, walking out of the room.

Andrew and Lisanna specialize in these too. I'm sure I'll run into them in this conference.

So what?

I can't avoid conferences like these just because I'm afraid of them.

Wednesday @FairyVille Hospital; The Auditorium

Lucy's POV

Wednesday had finally come. I was alone in the auditorium, sorting out some documents I got from Levy.