14

*(y/n)'s pov*
Today was the day we went to the mental hospital. Izuku practically begged on his hands and knees that I not go. But I had already told Shoto that I would. Besides, it does not like it's a date or anything, right?
Shoto and I walked into the white hospital. Light cascaded in throughout the small windows on the hospital. I was shocked to find out that Shoto's mom had been here for quite some time. Though he doesn't really talk about it.
We walked into a small and neatly made room. Not like the ones you see in the movies no. It was a white room, almost like a bedroom. A beautiful woman with white hair that flowed around her shoulders looked at us. She had cheerful eyes and pale lips.
Shoto smiles upon seeing her. His lips curling up into a small smile. It warmed my heart to see him so happy. With he isn't usually. But this was beautiful.
"Ohhh you must be (y/n)! You're as beautiful as Shoto said." She told me, examining my face. Shoto had turned red at his mom's comment.
"M-mother I thought I asked you not to speak of that..." Shoto stuttered out, hiding his face in his hands. "Ohh, but shoto, I wasn't expecting this!" She smiled, causing shoto to smile at the scene; he must be enjoying watching this, I could use some help. Finally, she let up on the vise grip she had on my face. She held her hand out for me to shake. It was pale and seemed to almost glow in the light. "I'm Rei, it's nice to meet you." She smiled her pale pink lips curling into a small smile. I grabbed her hand and shook it firmly. "You seem to already know my name," I said scratching the back of my neck.
I paused for a moment before it hit me. "O-oh I brought you some books, the said you were allowed to have them. I asked." Rei chuckled at my comment, as I handed her a small stack of books.
Her pale hands ghosted over mine, her quirk really was powerful. I couldn't help admitting her features. Shoto really took after his mother. She's gorgeous. And as far as I'm concerned, enjis an ass.
"Shoto you really took after your mom." Shoto's face exploded with a crimson blush. "I-I umm thank y-you..." "aww look at you Shoto, your Cushing so bad. I'm a proud mom." I chuckled at her comment, though my mind went back to the night with Shoto. The one in the bathroom. I never responded, am I being selfish?
Shoto deserves better than me anyway. I know momo has a thing for him, why not her? She strong, smart, and pretty. That's way more than I could ever be. I frowned a bit thinking what I had said was true. I felt a cold and warm hand place themselves on my shoulders. My gaze was meet by the worried expression on Shotos face. I felt... weak. And there was nothing I could do about it. Tears slowly slipped from the corners of my eyes, and, I lunged forward and felt the warm and cold arms that captured me. Rei slowly rubbed my back as I sobbed I couldn't help it, I was... broken. And the for the first time there was nothing o could do about it. I hadn't really ever had to depend on someone before so this was new to me. But it help... it really helped...