One

"Coffee with four creams, please!"

"Of course! Here you go! That'll be $4.89."

This is a story about a girl named Kathryn McAfee. A girl with an unbelievable secret. One that the large crowds of New York City might be able to keep hidden for long enough.

What is it? She's immortal.

She handed the vendor a five dollar bill and continued walking South.

Kathryn was on her way to an antique store. There was an old violin that she had been eyeing for a few weeks and she finally had enough money saved up to buy it.

She made a quick stop at the bank to withdraw her money and continued on her way.

Once she arrived at the small shop, Kathryn opened the door excitedly and stepped in.

"Hello! Can I help you?" came a voice from behind her.

Turning around, she saw an older man who she recognized to be the owner of the shop.

"That depends. Have you sold that violin yet?" she asked eagerly.

"No I haven't! It's right over here." he said with a smile.

The man walked to the back of the store with Kathryn close in tow.

After looking the violin over for a minute, she pulled the cash out of her pocket.

The man looked at her in astonishment.

"Might I ask where a girl your age got that kind of cash?"

"I work at a library near my school and I've been saving up for a while."

"Alright," the man said, still a bit unsure.

Kathryn was about to respond but she was interrupted by the sound of glass shattering behind them.

Whirling around she saw a man, dressed in all black, on the floor. He appeared to have jumped through the window in the front of the store.

He was out of breath and severely injured.

Three police cars sped past the shop, thinking the perpetrator had kept running. No, he hadn't kept running; he was laying on the floor of the Antique Shop.

As soon as the sirens could no longer be heard, the man on the floor leapt to his feet, despite his injuries.

"Abe? I heard glass break. Is everything-" a man walked into the room, but froze when he saw the man in black.

The man in black held up a gun and pointed it at the shop owner- Abe.

"Nobody move." The man with the gun said.