Seven

Henry glanced over at the girl sitting on his couch, shivering under a blanket.

She looked utterly scared, and she had every right to be.

A bell rang on the door, and Abe walked in.

"Henry, I'm ba- who's she?" He asked as he walked in.

"Abe, she's the immortal one. I found her in Central Park and I chased her and brought her here." Henry explained.

"So you chased her and then kidnapped her?! Henry, I expected more from you! No wonder she looks scared!"

"Does she really looked all that frightened?" Henry asked, feeling guilty.

"Henry, she looks like someone's about to murder her."

With a sigh Henry glanced over at her, a conflicting thoughts crossing his mind.

Finally making up his mind, Henry walked over to the couch and sat next to her.

She shrunk back away from him, eyes full of fear.

"Might I know your name?" He asked.

The girl shook her head no.

"Listen, I know that you're immortal." he said. He didn't want to have to start the conversation like this, but he had no idea what he was doing.

The girl stopped shaking underneath the blanket and closed her eyes. With a sigh, she opened them, the fear replaced by grief.

"But I have to tell you something... I'm immortal too." Henry said nervously.

The girl looked up from her lap. Shock was evident on her face.

"That's why I chased after you; I knew you would panic. I knew you would think that your secret was known." he explained.

"And why should I believe you? You've just kidnapped me!" She said in a small voice.

"Yes. Yes that's true..."

Henry thought for a moment.

"What if- what if I prove it to you...?" He suggested.

"How so?"

"I have some things from my previous centuries. Would that be enough?"

She sat there for a moment before she replied.

"Kathryn" she said quietly, almost a whisper.

"What?" Henry asked, quite confused.

"Kathryn. My name is Kathryn." she said, louder this time.

"Well then, Kathryn, would you like to see my old stuff?"

She slowly nodded, and Henry smiled.