Chapter one- The deal

(Carlo on the side)

"Carlo mio caro figlio" (Carlo my dear son)

"Father, why such a call?"

"Don't be sassy now Carlo, I need you to do me a favour"

"And what will it be this time, kill another client?"

"No, in fact you will be travelling to California to make a deal with the O'connor family. They still haven't paid. I want you to tell Henry he has 72 hours otherwise each and every one of the family will be killed. Do you hear me son?"

"I'll be on the next plane out of Italy"

Carlo loved doing these sort of tasks for his father because he loved to see the faces of the people when he threatened them. They would always plead for more time and just like Carlo his dad is an very impatient man, he's surprised that he's let the O'connor family get away with it for so long. Carlo rang the airport and told them to have his private jet ready he needed to be in California by tomorrow morning. Within the next 8 hours Carlo had landed down in California and was on his way to the cafe.

From the outside anyone would think that the people who own the cafe wouldn't have any money problems but ever since Henry had gotten ill he needed the money and he went to the one family he shouldn't have, the De'angleo family. Michael had told Henry he would give him enough time to pay the loan back but Henry took that time for granted and now because it had been 3 years Michael didn't want to be seen as weak by other gangs who would have instantly killed Henry the minute it went over the 6 months.

As Carlo approached the cafe he noticed a tall blonde haired woman ,passing the food out, from behind he could tell she had a nice ass and very long tanned legs but he couldn't see her front, he opened the cafe door and it chimed to let the waitress know that another customer had entered. When she looked up Carlo had thought his world had stopped, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen and to him that was beautiful because there was a lot of beautiful woman back in Italy but no this one out shined every woman he had ever been with or ever thought was beautiful! He walked over to the counter and waited for her to speak.

"Hello I'm Addison, how may I help you today?"

She had the voice of an angel and Carlo knew now he had seen her he wasn't planning to let her go, she would be his forever.

"Addison, I like it. I'm looking for Henry O'connor please"

"Why would you need my father?"

Ah so this young Addison was Henry's daughter. Things had just got so much more exciting.

"We are discussing business and I need to speak with him"

"Let me just fetch him for you.."

"Carlo, my name is Carlo caro"

Addison was back within a minute but had more of a scared look on her face it was clear to Carlo her father had told her who he was.

"You may go back and see him, he's in the office to the left"

"Thank you Addison"

When Carlo got to the office he could see Henry had fear in his eyes. He probably thought he was about to die but little did he know Carlo was offering him a deal that wouldn't end his life.

"Henry, my father wishes for all his money back in the next 72 hours but we know you won't have it by then so I've come up with another solution"

"And that would be?" he said in a sort of shaken voice. Anything coming from a De'angelo's mouth couldn't be good.

"Let me marry your daughter and take her home with me, back to Italy"

"Excuse me! No way! She's my only child my only daughter I can't do that to her"

"Well Henry you've got 72 hours to pay back the $4million or let me marry your daughter I'll give you a day to decided. All the best for now"

Henry was fuming! How could this sick man ask for his daughters hand in marriage. He was in the mafia for goodness sake! he wouldn't allow his daughter to be brought up around that she was only 20! And how would her mother react to the news. Henry knew his whole family would be killed and he didn't want that, at least with his daughter married to Carlo she would be safe and Carlo wouldn't be able to hurt Addison or the rest of his family, he knew his daughter wouldn't allow Carlo to harm her family. Henry hated what he was about to do but he knew it was the only way his family would be safe.

He dialled the number in that Carlo had left on the desk.

"Carlo?"

"Henry I must say I didn't except you to call this quick"

"You have a deal"

"I see your allowing your daughter to marry me?"

"As much as I hate the idea yes"

"I'm wounded Henry that you think that low of me" Carlo said in a sarcastic voice.

"You have to promise me you won't hurt her Carlo and she won't be involved with the gang"

"What do you take me for? Bringing my own wife to danger. Of course I will keep her away. And you've just made me fucking pissed thinking I'd hurt her"

Henry was shocked, Carlo was ruthless and had even heard of him hitting woman back Italy, but if he said he wouldn't then he had to trust him and hope he wouldn't. After all you can't trust men in the mafia business.

"And I will speak to Addison first so she understands why I'm doing this"

"We will see Henry, I'm off now I have people to meet"

And just like that the phone call had ended. Henry was nearly sick thinking about how he's just sold his only child to mafia boss's son. He knew she wasn't going to take his well she was just like her mother stubborn, very stubborn. He had a very hard day ahead of him.