Chapter 2

Rebecca's P.O.V:

Yeah, those words left my mouth.

"I'll speak just the truth, thanks for your trust and for accepting me with my change princess...yes we are..mates." Alaric said giving me his signature smirk.

He was giving me a genuine ear to ear smile he looked so happy with the fact but me? I wasn't feeling any emotion at that time I was just shocked.

It was like an explosion inside my head even though I already saw it coming I was still very much shocked.

"Are you sure?"

"More than sure princess."

"You..knew it all along or just now?"

"Nope this is new to me too would you mind if I ask you something first?"

"Yeah, sure you can."

"Can you just calm yourself a little more because I know you are calm outside but exploding on the inside."

"Yeah..I am actually." I said giving him a nervous smile.

"Take a deep breath." I did as he said and it really calmed me down on the inside too thank Goddess.

"Tell me, I'm better now." I said feeling a bit charged now.

"I still haven't asked my question, that would you mind if I tell you everything after school because what I want to tell you is a long story and I know you will not like to miss any point of it so we can discuss this at a better place and be a little more relaxed at the same time just take this time to calm and collect yourself I'm here for you always." Ric gave me a sincere smile and I believed him this time.

He took me hand in his and gave it an assuring squeeze, I still felt the tingles when he touched me but I just gave him a nervous smile which I barely managed.

"You are right we can go to my place or yours after school if you want to." I suggested.

"I prefer your place because I don't need distractions and you know Dame will go home with his friends for the usual shit and all."

"Okay then." I replied.

The whole day I felt somewhat safe near Alaric cause now both of us know that we are mates, everyone says that when both people discover their mates the mate bond strengthens and things happen like they start to care for each other or act possessive over their mate and stuff so it happens but this is definitely something new, I told myself to calm down take my time and I did.

Some hours back I would've ran away if I even saw Ric coming my way but now I'm feeling safe around him...Oh god this mate bond and its effects.

In the lunch time Ric sat with me and my friends not with his douche ones even Connor and Ryan were there too, my friends were really surprised but I assured them in our secret nodding conversation style that there is nothing to worry about all is good and we will talk later about this, my friend Aisha has a big crush on Ryan and I assume he likes her too cause there is no time when they don't check each other out.

I think it's cute, they'll make a cute couple just like my friends Noelle and Ryland they love each other a lot and they fight sometimes too but where there is love there is a little bit of arguing here and there, this all made me think about in what direction was my life going now.

I mean what is mine and Alaric's future together cause now if we are mates there was no point in dating someone else I don't love or like anyone so it's good that I won't have to leave anyone then, Ric is my mate and he seems happy with the fact and I can say the same for myself unless he loves or likes someone else and is just being polite with me, you never now.