It's Adam's Turn

I wasn't talking to my parents.

Neither were they. Although my dad has been attempting, I kept dismissing him.

It was my day off of work but still took my bike and left my house without telling them where I was going.

Adam called me last night and asked me how'd it all go and I told him everything.

So we decided to meet at the park where we kissed the first time and talk it all out.

I hugged him as soon as I got there and vowed to not cry. And I did not.

We held hands and started to walk around the forest trial that surrounds the park.

It was beautiful weather. There was barely any people because it was mid morning and we basically had he park to ourselves.

" Wow, I did not expect this. Qadim's behavior and the argument with your parents. And now there's ANOTHER guy!" Adam exclaimed

" Tell me about it. How am I gonna do this again? Nope. I'm just gonna wing it with him. »

« Yea, i was gonna tell my parents today about us but second guessing myself because I have to go to this girl's house next week to meet her family. You remember, I've been telling you about my parents; they've been looking? Yes. I guess they found someone. »

« ohh... well good luck. » I said reluctantly.

«  thanks.. I guess.. but shouldn't we have the option to refuse this whole thing? Like I don't even know who she is... »
«  THATS IT!! Do you have her picture? » I asked
«  what? No. Why would I care? »
«  oh. Nevermind. »
«  what were you gonna say? » he asked
«  it's just you could say she's not pretty or something, but you've never seen her so that's a fail. »
«  aww.. it's fine. I'll just tell her I'm not very interested cuz we have nothing in common or something. My parents will ask me why I rejected her and THATS when I'll tell them about you! »
« hopefully that works out. » I reassured.

For the rest of the day we just hung out together and we tried to stay away from people.

We were more accustomed to nature because at that point, we didn't want anyone else there.

That's when I learned that Adam also is into swimming.
He was on the swim team in his high school and college. He swam for nationals and won as well.
That got him a full ride to Harvard University.

Smart and Athletic. That's hard to find.

We both loved tennis, coffee (his fav is cappuccino) and travel. He wants to see the Andaman Islands by India.

Turns out he speaks five languages. English, Tamil, Arabic, French and Korean. He's apparently fluent in all of them.

I'm only fluent in English, Tamil and French.

Day by day, I've been learning so much about him and will continue to do so even 50 years from now.

We both joked that if we want nobody else to know what we're saying, we should talk in French.

We've been doing that to this day.

One thing I noticed that he's very short tempered. We also have that in common cuz I was the one who tried to shut him out with my anger.

We talked about so many things and also learned that he's tried smoking before cuz of peer pressure and got sick from it. So he hates smoking.

And he doesn't like provincial mindsets where people think that if girls like to swim, they only wear nothing but bikinis.....