Chapter 53-Curse

Blake knocked on Burn's store and opened it. The store looked messy as Blake walked up to the counter she could hear murmurs talking from behind the counter as she walked up to it. There was a familiar scent as Blake didn't pay no mind to it.

"Burn are you here?"

"Shit." Blake and Sartha heard slightly as she heard them move from their seat and Burn came out in full view. Her red hair was down as she had her summer dress on. Her wings were folded as she looked at Blake.

"Blake your here?" Burn said surprised my not expecting Blake and noticed she was in her demon form as and took note of her demon eye.

"Sorry I didn't call you but Sartha rushes me to be here." Blake said.

Sartha and Burn exchange looks as Burn looked a bit bothered and looked behind the desk and back to Blake. "It's her demon eye it's bugging her." Said Sartha.

"Alright then let me see." Burn said as she went around the show table and lightly grabbed Blake's face removing the hair out her face.

"I see. Blake has the demon queen ever told you anything at all about their family?" Burn asked.

Blake thought about it as she nodded. "The only thing I know is that the family has a curse which is what drove Eth away...what does my eye have something to do with it?"

"I'm not entirely sure. Does it hurt?" Burn said still examining it and let go of Blake's face

"It just itches me and bugs a bit."

"Interesting well I don't really know much about the royal's curse. But if I were you I would look into it." Burn said and looking back not really focused on the conversation.

"Do you need to be somewhere." Blake said.

"I have a guest in the back." Burn said.

"Oh then don't let me stop you. I'll-" Blake smelled the air as the familiar scent bugged her then then realized why the scent was familiar and turned before burn could take more than three steps.

"Is Ray back there?" Blake asked

"Yes." Burn replied calmly.

To Blake something didn't feel right as she wanted to question burn. But didn't want to appear rude or scare her off from telling her information.

"Burn what's going on with ray?" Blake asked carefully.

"What do you mean?" Burn asked now she was being more like her self. As she really did look clueless.

"Never mind. I'll be on my way now." Said Blake as she made another portal and stepped in.

Burn sighed. "Finally she's gone." And she went back to Ray.

Blake was in the room of the hotel as she was in her human form but she was pacing back and forth.

"Blake what's up? Your pacing and your getting me a bit motion sickness." Sartha said.

Blake didn't say anything as she had her hand on face as her other hand was on her elbow deep in thought.

"Blake!" Sartha said a bit frustrated. He couldn't help himself as Blake looked at him as she didn't listen to him call her name.

"Sartha what is it are you okay?" Blake asked notcing Sartha was a bit off also.

"No. I'm not." Sartha said hissing.

"Well then what is it?" Blake relied calmly.

Sartha was quiet as he looked uneasy and just sighed confused.

"Sartha now your the one who needs to talk. Do you know something?" Blake said now feeling a bit suspicious of him to. She knew there was something Sartha wasn't telling her.

"Blake I'm sorry." Sartha said confessing looking at Blake sadly. It was so unlike him that it scared her.

"Sorry. Sorry For what?" Blake said lost. Her mind then started to question but found nothing that would answer her.

"The truth is." Said Sartha slowly. "I have been a spy for the demon queen. In fact it all connects with Papa, Burn, and even Ray."

Blake eyes bulged as she got Sartha and put him on the table as she sat down. She looked serious. "Explain now." Said Blake commanded as she couldn't help but get frustrated.

"Blake the truth it wasn't a coincidence that day that I found your room and then became your guardian for a while. The demon queen appointed me to lo look after you and tell her everything regarding you."

"But then what about Burn I don't understand?" Blake said.

"Zinc introduced you to Burn. Burn is a well known demon. Her true career is to gather information and sell things which is why she owns a shop and is away from everything. Once Zinc introduced you to Burn it was the perfect opportunity for her to use you. Which is where Ray comes in. He is not papa's experimenters kind of."

"What do you mean kind of?" Blake asked. It seemed the more she asked the more questions needed answering.

"You killed Papa. And because of that Burn heard about this due to Zinc who became his minion and Burn decided to take over knowing she could be paid high by the demon queen herself. The demon queen gave her permission to take charge of it. Since she was already helping Papa but wasn't really in the main act. The queen appointed her to take after Papa's research knowing she had the some of the best knowledge she created Ray to be a hybrid. Which is why she wanted you to see him. So she could compare her creation with Papa's. So instead of being experiment 54 he would be experiment 56. His name 56."

Blake looked down as her hands were clenching on her legs. Her bangs were covering her face as she didn't care if her eye was itching again.

"Blake I'm sorry." Sartha repeated. When Blake didn't say anything she looked up at Sartha her face was surprisingly sad and pitiful as she took a deep breathe and looked deep into his eyes.

"Sartha, can you just tell me why you did this? Why did you agree? And what made you tell me now out of all times? There must be a reason." Blake avoided eye contact. Blake then thought about it and said it outloud. "You know about the curse don't you."

Sartha looked down. "Yes I do." He confessed.

"Then what does this curse mean?" Blake said preparing for the answer she anticipated.

Sartha took a deep breathe. "It means that...soon your going to die." He said sadly as he couldn't look at Blake any longer.