Chapter 12.1: Right Choice (Marriage)

Kyla's Point of View

May batang lalakeng nagsimulang magtrabaho sa isang taniman at ang una niyang naging trabaho ay ang magtaga ng mga kahoy. Nagtrabaho siya ng tuloy tuloy ng di napapagod. Sa pagtatapos ng araw ay nakita ng supervisor ang kanyang gawain at kasipigan dahilan para siya ay nabigla at natuwa, sa kadahilanang nagawang tapusin ng batang lalake ng dalawang beses yung dapat ay tatagain lang niyang mga kahoy.

Sa ikalawang araw ay napag isipan ng kanilang boss na bigyan ng reward yung masigasig na batang lalake ng mas madaling gawain.

Pagkatapos non, they lead him to piles of potatoes, Inutusan siyang ihiwalay ang mga ito, throwing the good ones in one heap and the decaying one in another.

Pero nang bumalik yung manager the end of the day, nabigla ito at di inaakalang ang ipinagawang madaling trabaho sa kanya ay hindi natapos. The distraught youth, with beads of perspiration on his brow, declared, "Sir the hardest job for me is to decide which is good and which is bad."

Napatigil ako sa pagbabasa nang tawagin ako ni Shaulon matapos niyang mag ayos ng sarili. Pupunta kasi kami ngayon sa kasal ni Jackie mah prend. This is the day

Just like what I'm reading awhile back, it talks about making choices. Making choices is usually a difficult assignment.

One of the most important decisions in life is the choice of a marriage partner. I hope na sana hundred one percent sure si Jackie sa desisyon niyang magpakasal where in as far as I know ay mabait naman si Kuya Ethan na mapapangasawa niya.

Filipino time na kami nakarating sa simbahan. Na-late kami... Kase naman pagkarating namin ay nagse-sermon na yung pastor. Familyar sa akin yung Pastor na nagsasalita sa harap, si Pastor John K. Jenkins Sr. Born again kase sila Jackie kaya pastor ang nagkakasal ngayon sa kanila.

Umupo na kami sa upuan doon sa dulo ng simbahan kase nalate kami. Patiloy na nagsesermon si Pastor Jenkins sa harap.

"Who you marry is the most important decision that you're going to make in life. It is more important than the job you take, the college you go to, more important than the house you buy, whom you marry, because they have the potential of making your life joyful or a nightmare.

Don't marry somebody because of the cars that they drive. Oh yeah you'll need to understand some people get attracted to somebody because of the car they drive. That car wont last forever. Next don't marry somebody because of the curves she has. Somebody says curves, what I mean is she's good looking. But she ain't going to be like that all the time, she can lose that. You don't marry somebody because of their cuteness or how handsome they are.

Don't put too much on external factors. You got to learn to look beyond what the person's external features are and learn to value and love the person for who they are on the inside not on what they look like on the outside.

You don't marry somebody because of how much cash they have. Some of you are attracted to people because they got money. You don't love the person then you're pursuing stuff.

Instead look for compatibility. Do we have common interest? Do we have things we like together? Do we have things that we both enjoy? It's compatibility. I'm not talking about sexual compatibility. You're not supposed to be having sex before you get married in the first place. And sex after marriage is wrong if it's not the person you married to.

Sex before marriage will blind you to a person's true character.

What i'm talking about here is about life compatibility.