11 - pinky promise?

-> grayson

liah: meet me near the beach at 3. bring your surfboard please

me: okay

I close my phone and put it in my pocket. Honestly, this sounded more like a favor than a hangout but it's fine.

While waiting for time to pass, I decide to head out to Paris Dine-In all by myself.

I already said my order and now just waiting for my food. I felt someone sitting across my seat and looked away from my phone.

It was Sarah.

"S-sarah?" I say in shock. Then that shock turned into me being annoyed.

"What do you want?" I roll my eyes.

She grabs my hands, but I don't move it away or anything.

"Grayson, I'm sorry. For being an asshole, and for cheating on you. The reason I was mean to Merliah was because I was jealous of you two. . Can you take me back, please?" Her eyes glossed to the verge of tears.

My hands slowly go away from hers, "Look, you cheated on me. That isn't one of the ups and downs of a relationship. If you cheat on someone, then the relationship is over."

She holds my hands again, except tighter, "Grayson please, just think about this, about us."

I sigh, "Okay, I will. You can leave now." She nods and walks out of the diner. What am I supposed to do? I just told Merliah I liked her, now Sarah wants me back. Do I even go back with her?

The waiter interrupts my thoughts with my food. I slowly take a bite, not really focusing on the food but on what's on my mind.

I check my phone and it was already 1:50. I decided to leave and pay since it takes one hour to get there. I put on my seatbelt and got ready to go.

I open my car door and pull out my surfboard. The sand touches my feet as I see her.

Merliah.

She's looking at the ocean view by the shore, probably seeing how pretty the water is.

But not as pretty as her though.

I run to her making me run out of breath. She laughs making me smile on the inside.

"Let's surf then! I'll race you!" She quickly runs with her surfboard to the ocean and starts paddling. If I'm going to catch up to her, I have to start now.

I finally catch up to her and we were both surfing on the waves. This was exactly what I needed. We kept surfing till we both noticed we were both tired.

We now just paddled from the ocean, only now talking to each other.

She starts the conversation, "Grayson I have to tell you something."

She's going to say we should only stay as friends. I held my breath until I finally had to spoke.

"Pshh yeah I totally get it we should stay as friends I mean-