20 - epilouge

A YEAR LATER

merliah ->

I sat on my room, it was a year later I have ever been on land. I haven't made any contact with them, only socializing with Talya. 

I don't feel happy here, I just feel responsible for my merpeople. I guess my duties as a queen is a great distraction. Feeling so miserable, I swam to my room and checked out my drawers. I saw Grayson's letter he wrote, which he laminated making it waterproof. I laugh at how cute of a gesture that was and decided it was about time to read it.

Dear Merliah,

Isn't it crazy? My girlfriend is the ruler of Oceana! I know I can't see you, but I know you looks so beautiful. I never really told you how much I truly love you. You changed me. From being this broken boy to a boy who sees the world differently because of you. You inspire me. You are the reason I feel alive, the reason I try to be the best me. I wish we held on a little longer because who knows what could've happened. Even though you said to not wait for you, I will. I'm never going to give up on us. But I am gonna miss those times where we ate at Paris Dine-In and when the girl spelled my name as Gracie. The little prom set up we had always keeps replaying in my head. I never got the chance to tell you this, but you made me like myself. There was a reason for me to wake up every morning. You made me so happy. Come home soon, we miss you. I miss you. Even after all this, you are truly my everything. I can't believe that in this life, I was in a mermaid tale.

Merliah Hope Winston, I love you. Froyo?

THE END

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞 | 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐧 🎉