3 「Let's Kick Ass in Signature Sneaks」

"Yooooo, Alekusu, I'm home!" You called out, only to hear nothing in response.

Huh, is he not home yet?

Marching over to the living room, you spotted him curled up on the couch, T.V remote in hand.

"(Y/n), come and see this quickly," He said, scooching over. Ignoring his offer, you remained standing, tossing your bag onto the floor as you watched the screen intently.

"A young boy in his senior year of middle school was captured earlier today by a villain, who's motives have still not been released by the police..."

"Oh my God, that's Katsuki!" You shouted, pointing a finger at the screen.

"...And a young, unidentified boy, whom we have yet to interview, rushed to the scene..."

"AND THAT'S FUCKING MIDORIYA IZUKU!" You yelled, rushing to the screen and grabbing it by the frame.

"OI! Sit down, you idiot." Your brother yelled at you, throwing a pillow at your head.

"S-sorry." You mumbled, seating yourself beside him.

"Thankfully, All Might arrived at the scene, rescuing two young boys and saving many of the lives present there today once again..."

"As expected of Japan's Number One Hero," Alex stated fondly, his eyes glazing over with admiration.

Yup, as expected as well from All Might's Number One fanboy – your brother had always idolized Almight. Almight was the reason he had even wanted to become a hero, after all.

"So those were the kids you were talking about," Alex said as he rubbed his face thoughtfully. "That green-haired kid...he's the quirkless one, right?"

"Yeah."

"Yet...he still rushed in to save that other one." Your brother acknowledged as he leaned back into the sofa. "He may not have the quirk, but he sure does have the qualities of a hero."

Qualities of a hero?

You remained silent, contemplating what he had said.

Even though Midoriya had no quirk whatsoever...he still rushed in to save Katsuki. And out of all people, Katsuki? The one that had bullied him for most of his life? The one that told him to commit suicide and tried to blow the two of you up? It really was a pity that a bully like Katsuki had one, whereas someone with good intentions like him didn't.

You were unsure by now whether he was a complete fool, or too heroic for his own good.

But you were sure about one thing. If he had been born with a quirk, he would've made a wonderful hero.

- - -

The weeks flew by off of the calendar, and you spent your days preparing – respectively- by confining yourself to your bedroom and snacking on potato chips while playing video games.

"Yo, aren't you going to train?" Alex asked, leaning against your door's frame as he watched you laze away in disapproval.

"Nope."

"You can always come and train with me, you kno-"

"Nope."

With that being said, your brother simply sighed and walked away, leaving you to play in peace. Of course, that didn't stop him from trying – but each attempt of his reaped the same results.

Eventually, the big day rolled around, and as always, your ever-so reliable older brother woke you up, drawing the curtains open to allow the sunlight in.