chapter one - send nudes

My laptop stays open on my bed, playing a Netflix series that Wes must've left on before he went to shower. Shutting my room door behind me, I pull out the clothes my mom had arranged for me the night before. Moving to hang it on my door knob I do so and nearly trip over the pull-out mattress.

The door violently swings open, throwing my clothes to the side with it and a distraught looking Dakota slumps through. I throw my head back and glare at her, "Pick it up."

She holds her hands up in surrender and picks it up hanging it back and closing the door in a more gentle fashion.

"Can you think of any way I could get Ethan's attention?" Dakota helplessly whines, her auburn brown hair falling over her face as she flops down onto my bed.

"Strip down in front of him and I guarantee that would give you his attention," I shrug exhausted with this being brought up again.

Dakota chucked a pillow at me and I laughed, "I'm serious!"

"So am I! Maya help me, please," she pouts and takes Leo, my stuffed toy into her arms,

"I don't know, I'm no expert in guys"

Her jaw drops and she sits up, "Hi I'm Maya and I enjoy rejecting guys on a daily basis but I have no idea why cause I'm no expert in guys,"

I chuck the pillow back at her, hitting her square in the face, "Shut up, you know that's not true"

She laughs loudly which slowly turns into a fake helpless sob,

"Maya help me," she sniffed and pouted "I told you this was gonna be the year I finally made a move,"

I rolled my eyes at her stupidity and then held her by the shoulders, sitting down in front of her.

"Okay here's how I do it" I looked her solemnly in her eyes. Dakota nods eagerly, brown eyes wide open.

"Promise you won't tell a soul?" I stalled. She nodded once again. I leaned in and whispered in her ear "send nudes,"

She shoves me back and I laugh loudly watching the signature scowl appear,

"You're such a bitch" 

"You love me, you know it," I winked and moved back to lean on the headboard of my bed.

"You've never sent nudes in your life Maya shut up,"

I make a face at her that copies her own,

"Why do you have to talk about these things whenever I sleep over" Wes groaned closing the bathroom door behind him all showered up.

William Eli Stakes also known as Wes, my best friend. His dirty blonde hair currently stuck up in multiple directions after being ruffled to dry with a towel.

"Cause you love us and frankly don't care what we talk about" I smiled sweetly at him, he moves to sit down next to me on the bed.

"As long as you guys aren't the ones sending anything then yes, I don't mind" he sighed, standing up and made his way over to the drawers beside my bed placing his clothes into the second drawer.

"Dakota's still going on about gaining Ethan's attention?" Wes asks behind me, shutting the drawers and falling back into my bed.

Dakota shot him a scowl and returned to scrolling through her feed on her phone.

"Yeah" I grinned

"Dang I should've showered longer" He snapped feigning annoyance

"No matter how long you showered she would've still been going on and on about it."