chapter two - cupcake

Chapter 2

"Don't you think that speech was so inspiring?" Dakota fawned her hands clasped together in adoration. I didn't know whether to cringe or laugh at her for that.

"It was just like every other start of year speech Dakota, nothing special" I tugged on Wes's hand and pulled him to walk a little faster, guys are gifted with such long legs but can never ever walk fast.

"I swear he looks at our past senior rebels and copies things right out of their books" Wes smirked down at Dakota's smaller figure.

She scowls, "You guys are just such negative people"

I look at Wes and we roll our eyes.

"What do you guys have?" Wes asks pulling out his time table.

After Ethan's speech, Principal Abernathy took the mic off her nephew and sent him off stage, she continued announcing all the old and new rules and expectations, introducing new teachers, and telling us about the new buildings and their uses for them.

"I have biology," Wes regards looking excited at the sheet in front of him.

"Art" I answered not minding having it first,

"Photo-"

"We know," Wes and I grumbled in sync, hearing Dakota go on and on about it all summer was enough for us.

She grinned and before I could say anything else Wes entered his biology class saluting himself out the conversation.

"Well our classroom blocks are right next to each other so we can walk the entire way"

I sucked in a breath through my closed teeth and shook my head. "No can do, I gotta stop by Mr. Welford's class for my previous Art portfolio and we both know he doesn't like you one bit"

Dakota nods her head and sighs, "guess I gotta walk that lonely road"

I nodded sadly at her and waved a small goodbye as she pouted,

"Later Lee-Pee"

We both bid our goodbyes and split off into the different hallways.
My smile immediately dropped from my face and I pull out my earphones and phone from my pocket and plug the buds into my ears. This was one of the only ways I survived high school, after everything that's happened, music and reading were my only escape.

Walking the hallways was a pain, whether it was the eyes of the student models burning through the back of my head to the incoming freshmen who would be too busy looking down at the school map to notice who and what they are about to walk into.

School was genuinely hell for us. Imagine all the up top models, Broadway wannabes, top class actors, artists and singers all in one place. That was us, and truly it sucked.

I walked into Mr. Welford's class and saw several students seated in seats all up-straight and desks tidy; freshman, what little cinnamon rolls. I nodded at a few that looked at me curiously, wondering what a senior was doing in their class.

Pulling the drawer open from behind the teacher's desk, I shuffled through the files and looked up when I heard a gasp.

"Are you looking through Mr Willfords files?!" A girl gasped, she wore a floral top under a light blue cardigan and sported glasses that looked too big for her petite face. I paused and sighed taking out one of my ear buds; a goody two shoes freshman, just what I needed.

I pursed my lips and looked dead straight at her, "First of all it's Mr Wel-ford, heads up for if you call him wrongly you'd get a serious load of crap from him the entire time you're in his class and I don't think you'd like that" I raised an eyebrow at her when she gulped and stiffly nodded her head. I saw my file and slipped it out and onto the desk then slammed the drawer shut.