Chapter 57

I ran about frantically trying to get hold of all the scattered contents of our first aid box. Not well done I know. Vowing for the umpteenth time to return everything back to its spot in the box was futile. Never going to happen. So I didn't even grimace when mum shook her head over the salve I carried in my hands. "No dear. Not that one. I think it may be in my bathroom. I'll go have a look."

I sighed heavily over that. I was thankful I hadn't been sent on that fools errand. There was no way I was locating anything on mum's hog storage of a bathroom. Her cabinet held more than the average toiletries one would expect in a bathroom.

I sank beside Billy on the chaise and propped my head back against the rest beside him.

He turned his head a fraction before saying," So you like me."

I turned to catch him grinning at me annoyingly and groaned. He caught me inflagrante with the Italian Stallion no less, got beaten up by the son of the mafia don and all he had to say was that I liked him. I wasn't sure who was the greater idiot here. He, for picking up that as his opening bit to a no doubt endless question session or me, for being stupid enough to actually like him.

Luckily I was saved from my indecision of wanting to clobber him or actually kiss him silly ... because I do like him. Mum returned muttering something about dinner and guest rooms.

"Get dinner started dear and then if you could help with applying fresh bedsheets in the guest room, I think Billy should simply stay the night. I'll call his mum and explain things," said mum mostly muttering as she concentrated on cleaning Billy's wounds.

I flushed red at the knowing look Billy shot my way. I knew exactly what was on his dirty mind... simply because it was on mine too.