Chapter 26

I settled in comfortably and tucked my warm blankets about me. Cocooned in its warmth I tapped the button that would bring my favourite tv show to life. The flat screen before me lit up casting its eerie glow over the contents of the room. I was in the living room and it was as comfy and lived in a place as Billy could single handedly make it into. Believe me when I say Billy has accomplished much with this place.

The screen flickered to bring up some advertisement. My mind drifted. I had to do something about Claude. That kiss angry or not did not sit right. I thought about Billy and seriously wondered what had gotten into him? He spent the evening stiff as a board ignoring me all together. I had a good mind to go on up to his room and demand an answer but I thought back to his kiss. The warm and goey feelings that errupted within me kept me rooted to my seat.

I waited patiently for the advertisement to pass and the screen to light up with my heart throb. I gasped as his brilliant eyes lit across the screen.

The sound of rude snorting tore my gaze reluctantly from the profile of Ian Somerhalder to that of a disgruntled looking Billy.

"Seriously? You still watch this shit?"

I ignored Billy's contempt and glued my eyes back to the happenings on screen.

"Move over," Billy muttered by my ear.

I will not! My spot on the chaise has been warmed up by my bottom. I was not about to relinquish my heated seat to him.

I shook my head stubbornly.

"Fine!"

I looked up suspiciously at him only muffle a shierk as he shifted his hands beneath me to bodily lift me up and then settle me on his lap.

"What are you doing?" I asked angrily. He was spoiling my time with Ian.

"I couldn't sleep," Billy muttered tiredly before resettling me comfortably in his lap. I watched as he tucked the blankets about us then I smoothed over the parts that he missed. I leaned back into him comfortable with the heat he emitted and relaxed to watch my show. It was altogether a pleasant experience if I could ignor his constant snorts if disbelief over the happenings on screen. I could and I did. The Vampire Diaries demanded its watchers suspend all logic and beliefs. I found I was not only capable of doing just that but more so, with the help of Ian Somerhalder, I was only too willing.

All too soon the show was over and some sports took over. I moved to get off Billy but he held me back.

"I sat through the most ridiculous show on earth with you, the least you could do us sit through some football with me," Billy said ignoring the fact that I hadn't invited him to watch my show with me. But I knew it was useless arguing.

"You know I will only be asleep in seconds don't you," I warned before settling back down. He only shrugged his shoulders indifferently. So I relaxed against him and shut my eyes.