Chapter 35

Shihyun enters his Dad's office. His Dad and his grandmother are already waiting there. His Grandmother smiles at him. Shihyun smiles back. Then comes to hug her.

"How have you been?"

"I am good grandma...", Shihyun is nervous. There's never be anything good if his Dad summons him to his office. He must get in another trouble because of his fight with Kiyoung the other day.

"Sit down...", his grandma orders.

So he sits obediently.

"I called both of you here...because there's something important I need you two to know...", his grandmother takes something from her purse and puts it on the table. It's an envelope.

"What is it, mom?", his Dad asks.

"Check it yourself...", his Dad takes the envelope and opens it. Honestly, Shihyun didn't care what was in that envelope. But his Dad's shock reaction make him curious.

"This is impossible...", his Dad is staring at him and looks terrified now. Or is it guilt?

Did that a police report from Kiyoung??? His dad hands him the paper, still unable to form another word.

Shihyun takes the paper and reads it. 99,8% DNA match. "What the hell is this??".

"It's your DNA test...the real one..."

"What??", Shihyun still can't wrap this around his head.

"You are your Dad biological son...", his grandma explains it calmly.

"But...", Shihyun doesn't know what to feel. "Why...", he needs an explanation. Why his Mom gave his Dad fake DNA test?

"Both of you need to calm down...and accept this...maybe then you can ask your Dad...why...", his grandma pats Shihyun's back. She knew it was a lot to take. For both of them. But it's the truth.

====================

Sooji just finished changing her clothes when she heard someone entering the apartment. "Shihyun ah?", she shouts from the bedroom trying to make sure it's really Shihyun, not some thief.

But no one answering. It scares her. Sooji grabs a scissor from the drawer, and walk to the living room quietly. Secretly praying she missheard it.

"Shihyun ah...", it's Shihyun. He's sitting on the couch and staring blankly at the TV screen. He still didn't respond even after she called his name. "Shihyun ah...are you okay??", she sits beside him. Checking on his face and his hand, worried his Dad beats him again. No bruises. He looks fine. Physically. "Shihyun ah...talk to me...", Sooji hold his hand.

Shihyun finally turns to look at her. "I...", he seems struggling to find the right word to explains to Sooji. "I am my father's son...", he says faintly. If Sooji doesn't sit right beside him, she won't even hear it.

"What?"

"The DNA test...it was...fake...", he's looking at her confused.

"Fake?", honestly she's more confused than Shihyun right now. She has no clue what was actually happening.

"Sooji ah...I dont know what to feel...there's too much question in my head and I don't know if I even want to know the answer...", he drops his head. "I feel like my head is going to explode..."

Sooji looks at him helplessly. She wishes she can help him feel better. But she really didn't know-how. So she did the only thing she can think of. She pulls him into a hug. And let him lay his head in her shoulder. She's stroking his back gently. Without a word.