6.

-"Never rush into falling in love, because love never runs out; Let love be the one to knock at your door. Besides true love is worth waiting for".

——————————————————————————

Ding! My phone buzzes.

I was in chemistry class when I jumped up from my phone that buzzed. It had been 3 days since I went to that bar and saw blue haired boy. According to Angel, he'd call but he never did. I started to lose hope. Not that I had any to begin with.

I looked at my phone and saw one text message from an unknown number.

" hey did you miss me? ;)".

My started pacing. Jamie.

" You ghosted me for three days, tell me why I should talk to you?", I replied back.

" Looks like cupcake's angry :< sorry, I was busy with work, can I cheer you up?", he texted back.

Work? What work did he have?

" don't call me cupcake, and yes I need to go over our plan that I set up".

" Okay great, I'll meet you at the Starbucks near your school, see you later cupcake :>", he replied.

Cupcake. He called me cupcake. I smiled at that thought. I was going to see blue haired boy again. I was going to see Jamie again. Yay.

I was walking towards my local Starbucks and there I saw him sitting down sipping down his drink.His hair was all over the place and he wore a blue hoodie to match his hair. Adorable. The sunlight showed his small freckles and made his jawline pop.

" Hey did you wait Long?", I asked while sitting down.

He looked up and another smile appeared on his face. Damn this guy loved smiling.

" Not at all, do you want anything?", he asked.

I shook my head and eyed him. There I was, I met blue haired boy again.

" The text from Angel said that you like your best friend and want to make him jealous?", he asked.

" Liked. Past tense. He hurt me. All I want is to show him that I can be loved, that's all. I'll plan a meet up with him next week and we can get to work",I explained.

He nods his head and looks at me cautiously.

" I like your necklace", he points out.

" My dad gave this to me so I could remember him", I tell him.

" Oh yes your family, I'd love to meet them one day".

" My dad is dead and my mom is always busy with work".

There was a brief silence. He sent his apologetic look and smiled.

" He must have been so happy to have such a wonderful daughter", he says.

I raised my eyebrows.

" I mean, you're smart, kind and beautiful", he says.

I blush hard. Blue haired boy thinks I'm beautiful.

" You think I'm beautiful? I think I'm fat and ugly though", I say laughing.

" fat? Ugly? Please Kat, you are none of that".

He called me Kat. OMG

As we were staring each other down, a man walked past us. We both looked at the man and realised his shirt was on backwards. Laughter filled my lungs and I looked at Jamie who was trying his best not to laugh either. That was until I chuckled and we both started laughing hysterically. I couldn't remember how Long it was since I laughed this hard.

" You know what, let's go somewhere", he says while getting up.

Instead of questioning him, I decided to just follow him. I wanted to stay with him for as long as I could.

We both drove in his car and arrived to what seemed like a bakery.

" A bakery?", I asked.

I walked in and stared at all the pastries displayed. They were beautiful just like Jamie.

" I hope you don't mind, this is my family's bakery, my parents run it.

Family? Was I going to meet his family?

" don't worry my parents aren't around today, they're away on a trip, it's just me and my siblings".

" Jamie is that you? ", a voice roared across the room.

A woman walked out holding a tray of donuts. She had light brown hair and wore a red dress with an apron. Her face and body was covered with flour and her green eyes were blinking non stop. Sister. This must be his sister.

" Hey Annie", Jamie says as he helps her with the trays.

Annie turned and faced me. She scanned me up and down and a huge smiled appeared on her face.

" It's a girl, oh hello dear, I'm Annie, Jamie's older sister".

" Hi Annie, I'm Katherine it's so nice to meet you", I say.

" She's a friend and Kat, Annie is older then me by 3 years".Jamie added.

Annie eyed him and winked at me. What.

" Well since you've got guests I'll handle the rest of the food, go show her around, show her the Orlando spirit", Annie says as she hops down to deal with the donuts.

I smiled at her before Jamie took my hand and showed me around the bakery. It was small but very cozy. We arrived in the kitchen and Jamie turned to look at me. I blushed hard again. Damn it hormones.

" Do you wanna bake something? Cupcakes ?", he asked.

I looked at the clock and wondered if I should head home. It was 4.30pm. It wasn't like anyone was looking for me. I nodded.

" the cupcakes better be delicious", I say while putting on an apron.

" Of course, I'm baking them for someone special of course", he says with a smile.

Special? I'm special?