11.

-"You will always fall in love, and it will always be like having your throat cut, just that fast".

——————————————————————————

" Uno game bitch", I say as I put my last card down.

Jamie and I had been playing UNO for the past 2 hours and let's just say I'm a pro at it.

" You're cheating", he says as he gathers up the stack of cards and rearranges them back together.

" No no hun, I won fair and square so now I win the bet".

" What's the bet?", he asks.

I stop to and start thinking of dumb things Jamie could do. Run around the neighbourhood naked? Nope. Eat dog food? Nope. Kiss me? Meh. Unless. Jk

" Please be nice Kat, I've done nothing but shown you internally kindness", he says.

I laugh and he puts up his hands to pray to me.

Suddenly, my inner slut came on. I wasn't horny or anything but.

" Fine, Jamie, the bet is you have to kiss me", I say.

He looks at me puzzled and bewildered before a smirk rose up across his face.

" Geez Kat, if you wanted a kiss just say so, I'd be more then honoured to shower you in them", he says with his deep voice.

Slowly, he crawled his way to me and his soft lips met mine. Soon, his lips traveled down to my neck and I almost let up a moan before he stop and pulled away.

" Hey, why'd you stop?", I asked trying not to sound too desperate.

" No Kat, if you let me continue, I don't even know if I can control myself", he says.

I blush hard.

I looked at the clock and it was already 1 am.

" Wanna go to bed?", I asked.

He nods and we both head on upstairs, to my room.

" No! You are not sleeping on my bed you perv", I say but he was already tucking himself in.

" oh come on, it's not like I'm gonna do anything".

" you just said you can't control yourself, isn't this the perfect opportunity for you to take advantage of me?".

" fine, I'll sleep in your crappy mattress", Jamie whines as he hops off my bed and plops himself down to the mattress laid out beside my bed.

I tuck myself in and was about to fall asleep when I feel Jamie's hand intertwined with mine.

" I'm scared of the monsters Kat, what if they get me?", he says.

" Stop exaggerating, there's no monster you baby".

" A cute baby tho".

I roll my eyes. Jamie still didn't let go and so did I.

" You're kidding right Jamie?", I ask.

" Kidding about what?".

" You're kidding when you said you'd wait for me?".

Silence filled the air.

" So?", I asked again.

" I'm not kidding, I like you Kat, a whole lot. I don't know why but I just do and I don't care if you don't, all I want is for you to be happy, even if it meant that I wasn't going to be in it", he replies.

" I'm being selfish aren't I? Making you wait?".

" Of course not, you're human with feelings and with that, you can choose who you want to love".

silence fills the air again.

" Honestly Kat, whoever you choose to love beat it Tyler, some random guy or me, I won't ever leave, even though i'd rather have you to myself, a friendship is better then nothing" he adds.

Jamie lets my hand go and kisses it.

" good night beautiful", he says as he turns around making his back facing me.

I laid down on my bed while emotions stirred inside. Should I take that risk and love him? Or should I step back and hide in fear. My eyes fluttered shut and sleep took over.