Prologue

Prologue:

The Great War

The Kingdom of Nazerth, a vast and venturous land that holds many great stories. Stories of which date back to the era of The Great War, a war to decide peace for the world of Terra and its inhabitants. It was a war that would become stories for future warriors and heroes of Terra, a war that would forever shape the world.

The Great War was fought for peace on Terra. The Immortals, a heavenly force that were tasked with the protection of the Multiverse were faced against The Demonics who wanted to seize Terra, one of the gateways that led to the Higher Realms, the home of the Immortals so that they could infiltrate it and take control of the Multiverse.

Apoleon, the leader of the Immortals faced off against his brother, Xalgimon, the leader of the Demonics, to maintain balance within the Multiverse.

During the war, two highly skilled and respected Immortals, Cairne and Eliza were tasked with infiltrating what seemed to be a Demonic's base and capture those within for interrogation. During the rainy night the two had snuck in through the surrounding forest to stumble upon a small fortress. The material of the building was made of something they had never seen during their travels. Being shiny and appearing waterproof it was mysterious and foreign to them.

Wearing an orange and black cloak, Cairne looked over to Eliza, who was wearing a blue and teal cloak and nodded. The Immortals wore different coloured cloaks to determine what their powers were. Cairne's mixture of orange and black was to show his power of black fire and Eliza's cloak showed her powers of healing waters.

Eliza nodded back and the two hopped off the tree they were sitting in and dashed straight towards the fortress. Two figures in black robes were guarding the entrance, with the amount of rain that poured from the sky, Cairne and Eliza managed to get close without being heard.

The two became increasingly close to the guards when Cairne had stepped on a branch, alerting them. Eliza dashed forward, swinging her leg out and hitting one of the guards in the stomach. Cairne hopped over her and laid his fist downwards into the other guards head, knocking him out. As the two guards were about to hit the ground, Cairne and Eliza each grabbed one and slowly laid them down.

The two looked at each other again and nodded. Cairne slowly opened one of the two front doors slowly and quietly. He peeked inside to see a fully lit room with no one around. He signaled that it was safe for them to enter and they slipped inside, slowly closing the door behind them. They were faced with two options, left or right. Cairne signaled to Eliza to take the left path and he would take the right path, Eliza nodded and took off.

As Eliza searched the fortress, she was suspicious of the lack of security the place had, the only two people she had seen were the guards at the entrance. On the other side of the fortress Cairne was thinking the same thing as he searched around to see no one.

While she was searching, Eliza heard something and stopped. She crept closer to where the sound was coming from and listened closely. It sounded like some sort of chanting. She searched around the room to see if she could find a passage or switch to unlock a secret door and stumbled upon a crack in the ground. She decided it was best to find Cairne first instead of going in alone.

Before leaving the room, she peaked her head out to make sure that there was no one around. Once the coast was clear she moved out to the right side of the fortress to find Cairne who was still able to find nothing. It didn't take her long to find him and when she was able to get his attention she motioned him over to her.