Chapter 3: Friendship

Chapter 3:

Friendship

Isaac and Chloe arrived at her house, which had a door and was made out of concrete, just like most of the town.

"How come some of the homes don't have door? I've noticed that all of the houses don't have windows in them either," Isaac asked.

"It tends to get extremely hot at times, having the air come in really relieves the heat," Chloe answered.

"Aren't you afraid of people robbing your homes?"

"Everyone here knows each other and would never do such a thing and they are such skilled fighters that if an outsider were to try and do something like that, let's say it wouldn't end up being a good time for them." Chloe laughed.

While inside, Chloe began to cook some food for them to eat. She was curious on where Isaac was from.

"So, where are you from?" She asked.

"Lerallia," Isaac said forgetting that it didn't really exist.

"Where is that?"

"Oh, uh, a long ways from here," Isaac said trying to cover.

"Well, okay, maybe I can find it on our map!" Chloe smiled.

"No, that's okay, what are you making to eat?" Isaac said trying to change the subject.

"Lizards and cockroaches," Chloe answered.

"What?" Isaac asked startled.

"Just kidding! I'm making golden curry." She laughed. Isaac felt a sense of relief. He had curry only once in his life and it was when Lana had gone through a cooking phase and began to cook a bunch of recipes from the cookbooks in their home.

Chloe brought Isaac a plate and his eyes lit up. It looked delicious and he couldn't wait to eat it. Chloe sat down in front of him. "Go ahead." she said smiling and he began to dig in.

The combined flavors and spices melted in Isaac's mouth as he ate it and he felt as if he was in paradise.

"This is the best thing I've ever eaten!" Isaac said ecstatic.

"I'm glad you think so!" Chloe said smiling. After eating, the two began to chat a little more, Chloe was curious to learn about Isaac.

"So, what kind of things do you sell?" She asked.

"Huh?"

"You're merchants, aren't you?"

"Oh, yeah, we sell, uh, stuff,"

"Stuff?"

"You know, a variety of things,"

"Like what? Details, I need details!" She said pushing him for answers.

"W-weapons?" Isaac asked.

"Are you asking me? Are you really merchants? Who are you people?" Chloe asked frustrated.

"I'm a terrible liar," Isaac sighed.

"You better tell me who you are before I cut you up into pieces!" Chloe said angrily as she unsheathed her sword and stood up.

"Okay, okay. If I tell you, you promise not to tell anyone? I don't know if this kind of information can be spread around," Isaac said.