Chapter 10: Hope

Chapter 10:

Hope

"To understand the Reptilians, you would have to go back to the beginning, back before the races held hostility and tension." Ursine began to explain.

"Before what we call the 'sundering', there was a time where everyone lived in harmony. Predating even my time." Ursine laughed. "There were many a people who lived in harmony. This included Humans and the Immortals. Although the Immortals thought they were above us and only visited when necessary."

"The leaders of each race held an allegiance and the land was prosperous, but overtime things change. The Chieftan of the Reptilians at the time wanted to push for more land and resources, but the other leaders did not. In rebellion, the Reptilians separated from the allegiance and began working with races outside of the allegiance."

"An all-out war raged amongst them, which ultimately led in the defeat of the Reptilians. They were exiled from every working with the original alliance which consisted of the Humans, Aqaurius and us, the Karhu."

"Time passed and alliances formed and severed and soon enough the Humans were forgiving of the Reptilians which created a hatred from the Aquarius who lost the most during the war."

"After the war we took refuge here in the Mystic Gardens to get away from all the internal fighting that was going on. We try and live peacefully, but it seems the fighting will always find its way back to us." Ursine finished explaining.

"I see... what exactly happened between the Reptilians and Aquarius?" Rose asked.

"Drakor, the Chieftan of the time, father of Drak, singlehandedly slaughtered the princess and her guard. The Queen mourned the loss of her child and swore that she would see all Reptilians dead. Although Drakor claimed to not have done this, there were witnesses that claimed to have seen him." Ursine answered.

"So that's why the Aquarius went back to sea and never returned. I can see why there is so much tension between them. Is the Queen still alive?"

"She indeed is, my dear, but she would turn you away in an instant. Even if we decide to rejoin the alliance, she would most likely detest rejoining after what happened." Ursine sighed.

"Drak seems nothing like Drakor, even if she saw how noble and determined he is, would she not reconsider?"

"She lost what was most precious to her at the hands of someone she thought she could trust. It would be nearly impossible to regain what was lost."

"We will have to try."

"You have grown not only into a beautiful woman, but into a leader as well. I bet Zinox and Athena are proud of you." Ursine smiled.

"T-thank you." Rose said embarrassed. There was now less tension between the Karhu and the team, which led them to see that Humans weren't as bad as they thought. The older generation of Karhu had been secluded for so long they had forgotten what the Humans were like and the newer generation never had the chance to meet any.

"Atuka, my dear, why don't we bring them into the center village?" Ursine suggested.

"Are you sure?" Atuka asked defensively.

"I am, I will meet you there later." Ursine smiled. Rose wondered what she meant by center village. She looked around and didn't see any other Karhu besides the ones that were at the portal when she walked through, which meant that there must be more located somewhere else.