Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Chapter 1:

New Beginnings

The year is 125 A.G.W. It has been 125 mortal years since the end of The Great War and there has been peace throughout the world of Terra. Mortal years are normal Human years. Immortals age differently than most within the Multiverse. They are called Immortals for a reason. They age very differently, but no matter how old they get, they cannot die unless killed in battle or their energy source is tapped dry.

Much is known about the Immortals to the world thanks to history books that were left behind by scholars during the Great War. Even though they do not show themselves often, it is a rare occurrence for an Immortal to appear in front of mortals.

The peace that has been held since the Great War ended has made life a joyous experience for those who have lived through it. With nothing to fear, the mortals live happily knowing they are safe.

Of course, within the mortals there will always be eternal strife. There are those who proceed to gain as much power as possible and others who wish to be the wealthiest. There are also bad people who lurk behind the scenes to create chaos among others for personal gain.

The Immortals do not see any internal conflict among the mortals to reach Multiverse level threats so they must not interfere, or so is the word of Kami, the Creator.

In a small village on the continent of Nazerth, resides Lerallia, a small town full of the nicest folk one would ever meet. Within the town resides two orphans, Isaac and Lana Reignhardt. Isaac had no recollection of their parents and Lana only remembered very little. They have been raised by those around them with tender caring and love. Lana holds a job at the farmer's market in town and Isaac attends the school. Fascinated by the history of The Great War, he would go to the library and learn as much as he could about it.

The problem with reading so much about it was that he would run out of books to read and the library never got any new shipments so he was forced to reread the books he had already read.

After reading the books, he had always wondered what the outside world was like but no one was allowed to leave or enter the village. The only way to the village was through a forest that was considered deadly and that is why no travelers had ever stumbled upon Lerallia.

Isaac would often sneak into the forest with his two best friends, Apoleondar and Fay. One fateful day while the trio were hanging out in their secret fort within the forest that was named The Forbidden Forest, Isaac noticed something that was quite off from how the norm usually was. As a little bird was flying through the forest he noticed the bird flicker a blueish shade and he could see through the bird at that moment.

Thinking his eyes were playing tricks on him, Isaac brushed it off as nothing and didn't mention it to his friends, but it got him thinking about something else.

"Do you guys ever wonder what's outside of town?" Isaac asked.

"Sometimes, but everything we need is right here!" Fay smiled.

"Why do you want to leave so badly, Isaac?" Apoleondar sighed.

"Why don't you want to leave? There is an entire world out there that we haven't seen! I want to go and explore and not be stuck here for my entire life!" Isaac exclaimed.

"It's been like this since we were kids, you have a weird fascination with leaving and it's kinda freaky," Apoleondar laughed.

"You want to know what's freaky? Being stuck in a town that doesn't allow you to leave." Isaac argued. The two began to get heated up, but Fay was there to calm them down.