Chapter 9: Plan

Chapter 9:

Plan

The day came for Isaac, Keeza, Rose and Hodge to venture back to Alexandria. Isaac's training went as well as it could and he felt more confident in his abilities. Keeza wasn't able to summon the monster he wanted, but was getting really close, he was hoping he could practice more upon their arrival. Hodge and Rose left the city without worry thanks to having Naomi in charge.

The group was approaching Alexandra and speaking about the duel between Isaac and Naomi.

"Strong isn't she?" Rose said.

"Very, I can't believe how fast I lost." Isaac said depressed.

"She is highly skilled for her age and an extremely quick learner. That is why we have decided that she will lead the knights after I retire." Hodge said.

"Amazing, she doesn't seem much older than I am." Isaac said impressed.

"She is still young, but she is much more mature at her age than most. I trust her while we are gone." Hodge said proudly. Naomi was like a daughter to Hodge, he wanted the best possible life for her and knew she was on that path.

In the distance, Isaac could see Alexandria and felt good to see the capital once more. He could see that it had grown with the additions that were spoken about at the council before he had left. It seems preparations were coming along nicely.

Watch towers had been built all around the city and guards were placed on them, as well as higher security outside the walls. A moat was beginning to be built a little bit around the city and a wall was being put up behind the moat to act as a defense mechanism. Isaac was shocked to see how far the city had progressed in the last few months.

There were people all around helping build and packs of guards making rounds in case of an attack happening.

"It's amazing what work can be done when everyone works together, isn't it?" Rose said astonished.

The group made their way over the moat that had a plank put down for people to cross and to the front gate that they originally went through the first time.

Once inside, they couldn't believe their eyes. The city was crowded with much more people than before. None of which made it any different. Everyone was happy and friendly towards each other.

It made Isaac want to protect them even more. He saw the kindness in people and didn't want to see that disappear. One thing he did notice was that shortage of Reptilians and no Elvens were present.

"I don't see many Reptilians or Elvens around." He mentioned.

"Perhaps we will be better off explaining why at the castle." A familiar voice said behind him. Turning around he saw Athena who nodded. He could tell that something was wrong and the group immediately made their way to the castle.

As they made their way through the fields once more, there were areas being created for extra housing, but not as much as the other areas of the city.

"I'm sure you're wondering why we haven't been building back here. The fields are acting as our backup plan. If we do happen to be overrun we are setting up exits that lead underground to Nosgard. Our final defense will be set there, if that falls we will have officially lost." Athena explained.

Everyone was silent after hearing that. The sound of losing wasn't something Isaac wanted to hear or imagine.

Upon arriving at the castle two friends of Isaac were awaiting the arrival. Isaac couldn't help but run up to meet them.