Sebastian X Shane - It's a Cruel World, isn't it?

Requested as a ship, and I would see reasons to ship them.

I was at the bar, sitting next to Abigail. Me, Abigail, and Sam usually go to the bar on Fridays and play with the pool table. Sometimes, we would just play the normal game. Other times, we would just gather around and talk about our daily lives. We would be children for a night, and think of funny games and challenges to do for eachother. One time, Sam challenged me to drink 6 glasses of beer. I had such a terrible hangover in the morning. I managed to get him back by challenging him to eat a live worm. It was the best, seeing him laugh. I tried to avoid Abigail as much as possible, because I sorta had a little thing for her...Anyways, what happened last night was a SHOCKER.

We finished playing a game of pool, and decided to do our little challenges to eachother. I was afraid, because I knew that Sam was going to get me back. I, unfortunately, was right.

"Alright, alright...Hey Sebastian...You see that guy over there?" He said while he pointed to Shane.

Yeah, I knew him. The town drunk, Shane. I never thought of him as anything more than a loser who threw their life away drinking. I was doing something with mine, not wasting it on beer. Seriously, he comes here EVERYDAY.

"Yeah...that's Shane, the loser town drunk. Wastes his life drinking. What about it?"

"Well, I want you to go over there and start to flirt with him." He says with an evil grin.

I couldn't believe he could do something that evil. There's a line between good and bad, and he just went about 7 miles past that line. Not to mention, It's FRIDAY! Everyone is there, including my mom!!! Oh, and Dimitrius I guess...

"You can't be serious..." I whine.

"A challenge is a challenge. You gotta do it..." He says.

After a while of trying to convince him not to make me do this, I finally decide to be a man and get it over with.

I only needed to walk a little far to smell the alcohol from him. It was disgusting, but I powered through it and started to flirt.

"Hey hey hey, what's up...handsome...You're looking very dashing today." I said awkwardly.

I heard those two snickering in the background. Those idiots. Shane just stared at me weirdly. Like he zoned out.

"Uhh...Anyway... I was just wondering if you happened to be free tonight? Maybe we-"

Before I could even finish my sentence, he grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the bar. I started to try and free myself, but he had a TIGHT grip on my wrist. We got to the river before he let my hand go.

"Are you INSANE!?! That was just a prank!!! I didn't MEAN it-"

"You should really watch who you're talking to. I'm apparently the, "so called loser town drunk" that's "wasting his life drinking"."

He heard what we said. We probably should've been a little more quiet.

"Yeah. I heard. You know, you shouldn't judge people like that. People have feelings too y'know." He said, raising his voice just a little bit.

I stepped back. I was afraid this guy was gonna go savage on me, if I pushed the wrong button. Then again, I did feel a little bit of regret.

"Hey...Look...I'm sorry for what I said. Really, I am."

"Oh really? Are you saying that because you actually mean it, or because you got caught?

I froze for a minute. This guy had the right senses. He knew about how cruel people can be. About how people could lie at just about anything, but not having the guts to actually say something about it. That sorta thing was...charming?

Shane then took off his shoes and put his feet in the river.
"Ahhh...the river feels nice this. Night?"

Did it? I decided to do the same thing. It DID feel good. Nice and cool, just how I like it.

"Kid, look. I didn't mean to yell at you like that. You can go up to your fri-"

I interrupted him. "Y'know...you're kinda right about the whole not judging people thing. You really don't know what people have been through. You seem to have been through a lot." I quietly say, not daring to make eye contact.

We kinda stayed quiet for a little bit.

"I guess...how's the devorce thing going?"

"That happened when I was a child...I don't care about that. It's just my annoying "sister"." I sarcastically sneer.

"What's with your sister?" He asks.

Why did I say that? I usually don't say anything about my sister to anyone! Not even Sam!!! And he's a pretty chill guy.

"Well, ever since my sister came around, everything's always been about her her her. She has always gotten the attention from Demitrius and Robin, who's my actual MOTHER!!! Not to mention she's smarter than me!"
What was I SAYING!?!

"Also, the fact that she gets everything handed to her without having to work for it is completely insane!!! "Oh Sebastian, why can't you be more like your sister?" Says Demitrius!!! When will I get the attention I deserve!?! NEVER!!! I've honestly given up at this point, and they can't stop me from doing drugs and smoking, because I'm a GROWN MAN!!!"

I realized I was standing up at this point. I looked down and I saw Shane flabbergasted. Yes, I did use that word. So what of it?

I froze for a second.
"Look...I didn't mean to ramble like that...forget I said anything, alright?"

He went quiet for a second. I didn't mean to let that all out. I seriously didn't mean to do that.

He went up to me, and he patted my back. He then said to me, "It's a cruel world, isn't it?"

He then started to walk away. THAT WAS IT!?!

"HEY!!! HOW CAN YOU SERIOUSLY WALK AWAY AFTER I JUST LET ALL OF MY BOTTLED UP EMOTIONS OUT!?!" I ask.

He turned around and looked at me.
"You want pity? Sheesh, you a kid, aren't you?" He says.

I was bedazzles. Yes, I used that word. He in a way, was right. I guess I was looking for pity. The way I sat down in my basement. The way I excluded people, and just talked back to them. I was just like a teenager, all over again.

"Hey kid. Want me to take you back to the bar?" He offers.

I froze for a minute.
"Yeah...I would like that..." I answer.

We then silently walked back. He put his shoulder on top of me. As if I weren't short ENOUGH!!! He was odd, but charming none the less.

We finally got back to the bar. Sam and Abigail rush back to me.

"Sebastian!!! Thank goodness you're back!!! Did he do...anything to?" Sam asks.

Shane walked back yo his corner, continously drinking once again.
"Yeah...I'm fine..." I answer.

Abigail looks at me and holds my hand.
"Thank goodness! We were worried sick!!!" She says.

I pull my hand away. She had a confused look on her face. I look at her once again, and wonder...

I wonder why she looks less attractive?

The End!!!

Get ready for. the Abigail X Onesided!Reader!!! I'll try and get it done today!!!