l

Nate

"Hey, I'm going out with Ni. We'll be back in time for dinner!" I hollered to Myla, who was cleaning the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" She questioned, appearing around the corner.

I gripped Nila's car seat, damn these things are heavy. 

"Just going out to see the guys. They haven't met baby N. I wanted to introduce them. I figured you wouldn't want to go since... you know," I chuckled. I hoped she didn't take it offensively. I wasn't trying to be rude by what I said.

She nodded her head and gave me a smile. "They would think it was the joke of the century. We'll give them time to set on the fact that we are together." 

I nodded and headed to the door to set Ni in the car.

* * *

I walked up the grand steps and knocked on the door. I covered Ni's face up because it was getting a bit chilly outside. I didn't want her to freeze. 

"What are you doing here? I don't want to talk to you, Nathan," Danielle spat in my face with the door cracked.

"Don't be like that, Danielle. Let me in. I didn't know how to tell you..." I adjusted Nila's car seat from one arm to the other. 

Danielle saw Nila's car seat and opened her door all the way. She held her arm out to take the car seat from me. I handed Nila off as I stepped in the doorway. 

"Hi, baby!" Danielle took Nila's car seat cover off and unbuckled her. She grabbed her ever so gently and placed my baby on her chest. The look was so natural for her. Mother. 

"Hi, it's nice seeing you, too." I chuckled.

"You're the last person I would ever say that to." she rolled her eyes and walked with a bounce in her step. "I don't even like you as a person, what makes you think I would want a relationship with you? Wait...  You don't even commit, or so I thought." she got sassy. She was always so fucking sassy. 

She waltzed around her kitchen with Nila. I could tell she loved babies. It looked like she had a lot of practice with these types of things. How could anyone not love her? 

"Well, I'm glad one of us can make you happy." I chuckled.

"And it isn't you. You're lucky I even let you in... If you hadn't had my sweet Ni, your ass would be heading back to where you came from." she laughed at her own joke as she sat at the island bar. 

She just called Nila her Ni. I didn't think she would get attached to one so fast, though. 

"She's your Ni?" I smiled at Danielle as I walked to her and my baby girl.

Danielle nodded and laughed, "I'm not going anywhere, little girl. You will always have me in your life, even if I hate your dumbass of a daddy." She placed a kiss on the top of Nila's hat. "Oh my gosh! I didn't even ask. Is it okay if I kiss the top of her head?" 

"Yeah. To be honest, you're probably one of the only people that is going to be allowed to kiss her." I shrugged.

Danielle playfully hit me in my arm and laughed. I winked at her and saw the red pool in her cheeks. I could still manage to get under her skin even when she was pissed at me.

"So, does Myla know you're here with me?" Danielle looked me in the eyes. Damn, I can't lie to her. How could I lie to someone like her? The look in her gorgeous blue eyes was one I couldn't stand to lie to. That's why I told her about Myla in the first place. I could've lied to her but I decided not to.

I scratched the back of my neck and shook my head. Danielle shook her head and sighed out loud. 

"Nathan, I can't. I really just can't. I am so fucking mad at you, still. I know that I shouldn't be because you are a grown man and can make your own decisions but I am pissed. You really had the audacity to hand me a woods and took me outside. You smoked with me and fingered me by the pool then not even thirty minutes later you have your arm around the school whore?" She expressed her anger for the second time. "Speechless, huh? You don't like it when people call you out on your bullshit, do you? I didn't think so. We aren't together and will probably never be and I am fine with it. All I ask is that you don't do shit to me or with me while you are with someone. I'm not that type," Danielle finished and stood up from her chair. "I've got a crib in my room, I'm going to lay her down. She's been asleep for a while now." 

She stormed off in front of me and I couldn't help but watch her ass bounce in those leggings. She was so hot when she was in angry mom mode.

"Nothing to say, I take it?" She asked when she got back downstairs.

I swiveled the chair and looked at her standing in front of me. "We aren't together, you're right. So why are you so worried about who I'm with and what I'm doing? It shouldn't matter to you. You wouldn't care so much if you wanted me."

"WHAT DO YOU NOT GET, NATE? I AM NOT A SIDE PIECE OR A SIDE BITCH. I AM NOT AND DO NOT WANT TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND. YOU ARE VERY FUCKING SELFISH AND YOU ARE A CHEATER! WHY WOULD I EVER WANT TO BE WITH SOMEONE LIKE YOU? YOU CAN'T EVER MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND ABOUT ANYTHING! I AM SAYING THAT I DON'T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO BE IN THE CROSSFIRE BECAUSE WE HAPPEN TO HAVE PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY. AND AS MUCH AS I HATE MYLA, SHE DOESN'T DESERVE TO HURT. She's been in love with you forever, anyway. So just fucking leave it at that. You can go, too. I can keep Ni if you want." Danielle spoke her mind. That isn't something she does often. Damn, she has gotten bold. 

"I'll go, then. If you want to keep her, you can. I just have to grab her diaper bag out of the truck."

"Go get it." She nodded her head toward the front door. 

I got up from the chair and started to walk to the door. I felt Danielle grab my arm and pull me back to her. She pulled me into a hug. I rested my head on top of hers and caressed her back for a few minutes. She pulled back and looked up at me.

"I know I won't get to do this again for a long time and I need to know when the last time is. I'm choosing that to be now." 

Danielle pulled my head to hers and placed a kiss on my lips. God, she was the best kisser. I kissed her longer and harder each time.  I didn't want to leave her arms. How the fuck does this girl do this to me?