Chapter Four: Becca

~Becca~

I watched him from the corner of my eye, waiting for him to turn down a hallway or turn around, realizing he wasnt going the right way. I could feel his eyes on my back but i kept walking. A few feet from my class i stopped, realizing i left my pencil in Spanish.

"Oof" I huffed as Alex practically ran me over "Uh, Hi." I said, reaching out my hands to steady Alex and I.

"Hey. Sorry 'bout that." He said , cutely scratching the back of his neck, looking around the hall.

"Yea whatever...um. Why are you following me?" I blurted, knowing there was no WAY he had a class down here.

"Um...M-my class..." He replied, searching his bag and pulling out a crumpled schedule. As he did so, I saw the notebook in his grey bookbag.

"Ugh. Another lost new kid." I said as i averted me eyes from his bag and grabbed the paper from him"So, its third period now, your in...Mr. Dunnon's class for...drama?" I questioned, suddenly surprised.

He blushed and looked away so i quickly laughed it off and gave him directions to the C hallway, smiling to myself as i walked backwards to the door and pulled myself back to reality, slipping into a hell-hole called 3rd period with old Ms. Littleton.

*******

Photography class would be amazing if Ms. Littleton wasnt so judgeing and rude.

I took my seat next to Audreigh, sighing loudly and going to the back of the room to get the crappy school issued cameras for us.

"Well, well whats going on with Princess lately, cant even say hi?" Audreigh snickered, slapping my stuff off the table, makeing it tumble to the floor.

"Listen Audreigh, I really dont want to deal with your shit today okay? I just want to get this dumb project over with so we can go back to ignoring eachother on other sides of the freaking room during this period. Sound good?" I grunted, handing her the camera and pulling my stuff off the ground.

"Listen you little bitch." she whisper-yelled since the other excel photographers were fileing in the room, "You'll do what i want, when i want, because i OWN your little family. My daddy could bring you to court and wipe your ass on the floor if you dont do what we want. So...wheres my chemistry homework?" She growled, snapping her hand out at me, i sighed in defeat, pulling it out of my bag and handing it to her, afraid she'll catch the confusing questions i skipped.

"Where the fuck are THOSE answers?" She growled again, shoveing the papers back in my face, seeing the unfinished problems "fix them before 5th period or i swear i'll..."

She was cut off by the bell and Ms. Littelton walking into the classroom.

*******

"And what is the theme of this...project...of yours?" Ms. Littleton sneered, looking at the amazing collage i pulled together.

"The theme is looking inside the soul and seeing whats really happening. Is there a soul? Is it actually communicating through feelings thoughts and connections? Do we really have something inside ourselves, dwelling in the midsts ofour being?" Audreigh said my script with such emotion i almost would beleive she helped with the project. Almost.

"Thank you Audreigh," Ms. Littleton smiled then, her smile vanishing, she looked at me and said my name sourly like i was some sort of infestation in the school building, "Becca."

We took our seats, someone tripping me on our way back.

"Fuck." I said, stumbling to the floor, hitting my knee on the way down.

"Becca i will NOT tolerate that sort of language in my classroom. Principles office! Now!" Littleton glowered, rage filling inside of me.

"Yea, get out bitch." Audreigh said. I knew Ms. Littleton heard, but instead of jumping her case she simply strolled away.

God i hated this school. Wont someone just snatch me away from Rodlind High and dragg me some place new?

'two more years' i told myself, 'two more years and im out of here, off to explore the world and travel the sea as a scientist. Finding new things and not careing who got in the way.

'two more years' i told myself, limping out into the hall, makeing the familiar route to Mr. McMellin's office, head down, pouty face burning on my skin.

Damn ive practiced the whole "im innocent!" thing to much. Oh well. If no ones going to beleive me i might as well make it enjoyable for myself.