Chapter 19

CPOV (Clint)

I don't think about our past often anymore. But every time I see my beautiful wife, I can't help but imagine 'what if?'
We ended up talking with the Volturi more about doing our part to sustain the population of the planet.
They set up contracts with every prison across the globe; anyone placed on Death row would be sent to them no questions asked. The crime rate around the world hasn't changed much, but the earth's population is slowly starting to become more sustainable.
The governments ended up benefiting enormously because of it. The more Inmates the Volturi got sent, the more money that the country received to go towards Farming and Horticulture. Bella became the ambassador for the Volturi. Aro felt that she was more relatable, as well as more even-tempered. Bella only wanted to do the job if she could put together a team to help her. The Kings approved instantly. We ended up getting married in secret, as neither of us wanted any fuss, so we ended up driving to Vegas on a whim and getting married. That was ten years ago. Both of us are still surprised that nobody figured out what was going on. We do, though think that Peter does know.

"Clint, I just got a message from Peter. We are to be expecting company shortly'." Bella told me.
"How soon is that to Peter though?" I asked, Bella just laughed. Seconds later, the door to our home was pushed open and there in the doorway stood Emmett, Rose, Peter and Char.
"So really soon then." I just said.
"We gave you both plenty of warning this time," Peter said smirking.
"And what if we were naked Peter?" Bella asked.
"We would have a show," Peter replied seconds before he got clobbered.
The four made themselves at home, as we all sat down to catch up. Three hours later, we had more guests. Jasper and Jane, Caius and Athenodora, Aro and Sulpicia as well as Marcus and Maria Hill, one of my old workmates from S.H.I.E.L.D. that relationship surprised everyone.

"I'm assuming, Peter, that you called everyone here, but'  I'm curious as to why," Bella asked her brother.
"Can't we all just come together and catch up Lil bit?" Peter asked innocently.
"What have you done?" Bella and I both asked.
"Talk about trust, have a little faith." He smiled at us. Something was up. From the looks of them all, they were all up to something.
"Anyway, while you both are trying to decipher out a reason for our visit, all of us girls are going shopping," Rose said, getting up and grabbing Bella, dragging her out.
"Now that all the women are gone, I thought we could all go hunting, maybe see the sights and all," Emmett said, rubbing his hands together. Something was going on.

PPOV

Char and I were in Vegas, though we would renew our vows and take in the sights, maybe do a little gambling, when we in the small chapel getting hitched by Elvis, as we were leaving we happened to notice that they had pictures up of past couples, and look who we happened to see, but our dear sister. Bella and Clint had gotten hitched and never told any of us. Char was royally pissed.
"Sug, calm down. Let's have some fun with this. See how long it takes them to tell us." I said to her, smiling. A plan was starting to form in my head.
"Fine, but if they haven't said anything to anyone within the next ten years we turn up and hit them up about it," Char told me. I just nodded.
"That's fine. How about we get to talk to Emmett and Rosie, I'm sure that that will want in on this one." I smiled at her. Char outright cackled, no doubt imagining all the things that she and Rose would put Lil bit through. Once we had returned home, I pulled out my phone and dialled the Major.
"Hey, the Major. You haven't happened to have heard from our lovely sister lately, have you?" I asked him.
"Hey, fucker. No, I have not. Why is that?" the Major asked me. It was then I had the phone snatched away from me, and Char took over from there.

"Hey there Major. Just found out that our lovely sister got hitched and neither she nor her new hubby, cared enough to let us know. Pete and I are thinking that she might have told you. But no, so we got the start of a plan if you guys want in. I just sent a message to Rose and asked her if she heard from Bella, and no. Pete and I thought that if they haven't told us within the next ten years, we hit them up. What do you think? You guys in?" she asked him.
I could hear Jane and Caius on the other end of the phone, letting us know they were in, as bells and Clint had not told anyone about this. The major just laughed and said we had his answer.
For the next few years, we waited, and while we waited, we planned.
Rose was furious. She and Emmett turned up on your doorstep the next day and demanded what we were going to be doing about this. So we told her what we had planned so far, which wasn't much.
For the next ten years we all waited and planned, all of us adding something to the plan until the day came and we all got together it was decided that Emmett, Rose, Char and myself would turn up first and play all coy. Before the Major and the Italians turned up and the girls dragged Bella away to go shopping. All of us guys were going to be taking Clint out under the proviso that we were going on a hunting trip.
I got a message right on time from my beautiful wife, saying that they were about to pick up the dress.
"So Clint, are you ever gonna tie the knot? Or what's gonna happen?" I asked him. All the guys pretended not to listen in.
"We talked about it years ago. That was as far as it got. Bella and I are good the way we are. Why fix something that's not broke.'  It's not like we are gonna want anyone else." Clint said to me.