Chapter 5

CPOV

I had made myself some lunch, for some reason, the fact that Bella was actually only 18 years old, should not have surprised me, I had already heard it from the people that surrounded the two of us, so why did it now? it's not like her personality is going to change that much, she is still going to be the same person. She's still going to be absolutely smoking hot so I really should stop being such an ass.
I went to find Tony to see if he knew where she had gone too. But I couldn't find him anywhere, so I decided to go down to the training rooms and let off some steam. Steve came in after a couple of hours and let me know that Tony was on the warpath looking for me, by the time he left after giving me the message, Tony walked in looking pissed before I could say anything I saw him pull his arm back when his fist connected with my nose.

"You ass, you knew how old she was already and when she confirms it, you chicken out and leave her high and dry, she actually likes you, who the hell cares, that she's only 18. She happens to be very mature for her age. You know what, maybe you need to stay away from my niece. It's a good thing that she has left here, and is away from you. This is your last and only warning. Stay away from her, or I will make sure that you regret ever meeting my niece or any member of my family. Am I making myself clear." Tony said, I just nodded, holding my face. I could feel the blood pouring out my nose.
Wanting to retaliate, I stopped myself, when picturing Bella's reaction if I ended up getting into a fistfight with her Uncle. Why does that bother me so much? Maybe I should call her and apologise, I navigated my way down to the infirmary to fix my face. Sometimes I really want to deck that arrogant ass hole
"Deep breath's Clint, so not worth it. Nothing is worth this." I said to myself. Hoping her Uncle was not listening right now.
"Is that what you really think, that she's not worth it?" Steve asked me as I stepped around the corner.
"Then you wouldn't mind if I asked her out then." Steve continued on to ask me. I just shrugged.
"Go for it," I said, but the very thought of her dating Steve irked me. He nodded and left. As I walked into the infirmary.

BPOV

Uncle Tony left me to my own vices not long after he talked to Jasper and Peter, I had to admit it was nice to have my own space, it was lunchtime before I finally got anything to eat, the whole drama with Clint had me losing my appetite, as I sat down to eat I heard my phone ringing.
"Hello," I answered not recognising the phone number.
"Hi Bella, its Steve, Steve Rogers. I was just wanting to know if your busy tonight." Wow, I was taken back that Steve would call me.
"Hi, I was just trying to settle into my new place. Would you like to come over for dinner tonight?" I asked, not really feeling like going out, he accepted a little too enthusiastically.
He asked if six was an okay time to come around and that he would bring everything with him. I had no idea where any stores were from here so I agreed.

That meant I only had a couple of hours to try and get ready.
"JARVIS, do you know how to contact Ms Potts by any chance?" I asked Uncle Tony's computer.
"Yes I do, would you like me to call her for you Miss Swan?" JARVIS asked.
"Yes please" I answered them just waited.
"Hello." I heard Ms Potts answer.
"Ms Potts, its Bella Swan," I said feeling silly. What do I call this woman.
"Hi Bella, call me Pepper, how are you today?" Pepper asked,
"Okay, thanks, I was wondering if you have a minute if I could get your help," I asked awkwardly.
"Sure what would you like help with," she asked, I could hear the smile in her voice.
"I've been asked on a date, but I don't know what to wear. I was hoping you could help me, only if you're free." I asked again feeling extremely awkward.
"I'm free, can I ask who the lucky guy is?" she asked.
"Steve Rogers, he just called," I said quietly.
"Steve, Wow, okay. Tony told me where he took you, so I'll be over as soon as I can" Peper said to me, she actually sounded rather shocked.

CPOV

I could hear some commotion from down the hall when I came out of the infirmary, walking out I nearly ran into Pepper.
"Hey there, where's the fire? Has Tony burned something?" I asked.
"No, I'm off to meet up with Bella, she's got a date with Steve tonight, I'm just trying to get her a few things," Pepper said smiling, my heart just dropped.
Bella was going out on a date.
Bella was going out on a date with another guy.
Bella was going out on a date with Steve.
Why did I have to be such a jerk? I told her to have fun before I left to hunt down my phone. I needed to call her. An hour later I found my phone under my bedside draws.
Dialing Bella's phone number I waited for her to pick up.
"Hello." She answered, yet I couldn't help but smile.
"Hi, it's me, Clint, I just wanted to apologise for earlier," I said to her over the line.
"It's fine Clint, I'm sorry my age is a problem for you." Okay. She was still hurt, I needed to fix this.
"I was hoping I could take you to dinner to make it up to you. I was being an ass, and I hurt your feelings, I want to apologise for my behaviour." I was freely hopeful that she would accept.
"When would you like to go out?" Bella asked.
"Tonight?" I asked, hoping I could get her to change her plans with Cap.
"Sorry, I have plans for tonight," she said, I realised I would have to work for her affection to be returned.
"Okay, what about tomorrow?" I asked her, still hopeful.