Chapter 13

CPOV

I had the overwhelming urge to get Bella out of there, as fast as I could, but also without anyone seeing us leave.
As I made my way closer to her, they all suddenly looked towards me and I just froze where I was. I had no idea what had come over me. I had to be close to her. I knew that they were faster than I was, I mean hello, they are Vampires after all.
Going over the pros and cons of what I could do, I took stock of what I had on me and decided to just go for it. I grabbed her, pushing her behind me slightly and backed up towards the door. Keeping my eyes open for anyone one that looked like they were going to stop up. But thankfully it didn't look like anyone was going to.
Once out the door, I pulled her towards the car, pushing her slightly to get in, thankfully she did without hesitation.
Taking her back to the Avenger's HQ was out of the question, for some reason it just didn't feel like it was a safe choice, so I took her to the only other place I could think of.
I had a farm on the outskirts of New Jersey I went there when I wanted some downtime, and to just be on my own. I drove until we arrived at our destination.

"Where are we?" I heard Bella ask.
"A safe house," I answered. I had no idea why I felt the need to protect this young woman, but I did.
"What's going on Bella? Why do I feel the need to protect you? Did they do some kind of hocus pocus, witchy woo or something?" I asked her, I was trying not to start freaking out, but I had to admit it was getting hard to keep my calm.
"No, I think this might be some kind of bleeding effect. Ok, Clint, I need you to stay calm ok honey. There are some things I'm going to tell you that is going to sound strange. But I need you to listen to me ok." She asked. I just nodded and took her to sit down on the sofa.
"I died and came back, but there is a catch, I came back human. I was a vampire not even a week ago. We were in a battle, with a mad Titan named Thanos, he was collecting the infinity stones, he wanted to wipe out half of the universe, the battle we were in, we were trying to stop him, I nearly had him, but somehow he got the upper hand, he killed me, and I came back here. I remember everything. That's why I knew to get my dad to call uncle Tony, and he came to Forks with you." She was getting upset, something bad happened. What did she mean, she was a vampire? I just waited for her to carry on.

"I was away from you all, I thought I could kill him on my own, so I tried, I could hear you all fighting, Jasper called in a ton of favours, and we had everyone come and help out. But we still lost, I thought that I could do it by myself, I was the strongest, Jasper and Peter had trained us to use our gifts and I was the strongest, I had a shield, and I could use it to crush anything physically, but I didn't use it, I thought I could get the upper hand and sneak up on him from behind and take his head, but I couldn't, he used the stones to his advantage, he had a minion that came and gave him the last stones that he needed, I saw him raise the gauntlet, he told me,
'We both know this was going to happen either way'
I watched as he smirked as he snapped his fingers before I remember everything going black. A voice told me I had been given a second chance to fix what has been lost, and I was told not to fail. I can't do this, I don't feel like I can do this, whoever gave me this second chance chose wrong." She finished at a whisper.
"You can do this; you clearly have been given this gift for a reason. Who else trained with you?" I asked her. She shook her head.
"I can't tell you that." She told me.

"You might just have to, what could this other person do? Did they have an advantage?" I asked.
"Yeah, wipe someone's memory, but giving it back turned out to be a bit of a nightmare, made Uncle Tony completely lose all his memories, and he was convinced that he was a woman, and someone had given him a penis, and proceeded to take off his pants and show us all his junk. I still am completely mortified. But he got back to being himself again, with all the memories of what he had done, he has no shame at all." She smiled and took my breath away. She was beautiful when she smiled.
"Who was it, Bella?" I asked again. She shook her head again. She whispered that she couldn't say, that it wouldn't be fair.
"If that person could help give you the advantage then shouldn't you let them decide? I know if it was me that I would want to be given the opportunity. Why don't you want to tell me anyway?" I asked.