Chapter 14

CPOV

Three days. Three days of intense burning pain. Two hundred fifty-nine thousand two hundred seconds every so often through the pain I could hear, shouting, screaming, I knew the voices, knew that my workmates were furious at what had happened. I heard them asking why Jasper had bitten me. I had felt someone pick me up, lay me upon my bed.

I wondered, though, where Bella was. I tried to listen for any sign of her, but I couldn't hear anything else. I kept gritting my teeth together, falling back on my training, I kept myself from screaming out in pain, kept my eyes closed. I heard my heart as it beat it's last; all I seemed to know was that I had to find Bella like she was going to be able to help me make sense of what happened to me. Opening my eyes, I watched as I saw everything that I knew, but looking at it like I was seeing it for the first time, seeing the dust that was floating around the room — hearing someone walking around downstairs, hearing the wind blowing through the trees across the field from the house. Smelling blood pumping through the veins of someone close by, feeling the saliva in my mouth increase at the thought of hearing the pumping of that blood, feeling the scratchy raw burn in my throat, feeling like I had an awful sore throat like I had been drinking too much the night before. I could hear that there was someone that was standing close to me. I thought about standing, confronting whoever it was before I knew it, that was precisely what I was doing — looking directly at two men that were seemingly familiar to me from somewhere.

"It's okay Clint; we aren't going to hurt you, I'm Jasper, this is Peter, you know us. We are Bella's Brothers." Jasper said to me, as soon as he said who the two were, the realisation hit me, where was Bella.
"Bella, where is she?" I asked them.
"She's fine. She's talking to Charlotte right now." Peter said to me. I just nodded and tried to listen for her; I felt like everything was enhanced. I could hear so much. Suddenly I needed to get to Bella. So that was what I did. I knew now that she was in the room next to this one, but I would not be going out the door past Jasper and Peter. Remembering what Bella had told me about her past, I thought I would try it out. But not sure how I would go about it.

"You can trust me, guys. I want to go and see Bella." I smiled at both of them. I had no idea what happened, but they moved out of my way. Making my way towards Bella, opening the door to the spare room, I saw the most beautiful woman I had ever laid my eyes on. She looked annoyed, though.
"I know all of this, I have done this before you know," Bella said to the woman, who I assumed was Charlotte.
"Yes you may have, but humour me." I watched from the door as Bella just rolled her eyes at the woman before she saw me. Smiling, she made her way towards me.
"Feel like going for a hunt and find some bad guys?" she asked me. Nodding, she took my hand, which I secretly loved. And we left the house.
"Where are we going?" I asked her.
"Thought that we could go into town and find us a criminal each. Don't worry. I know that Jasper and Peter are following us. If you look behind us, you will see them. Even though I have told them that we are super controlled, I think they want to be safer than not." Bella told me, I turned around, and sure enough, there they were. I just rolled my eyes and kept allowing Bella to pull me along, to find something to sooth this burning, thinking about what could ease this feeling. I had felt like, a nice big cheeseburger with a large cup of coffee, the closer we got to the city, the more I thought about what I was going to be doing, the more the reality of my new situation came to the forefront of my mind.

"We are going to have to do this, aren't we?" I asked Bella as I pulled her to a stop.
"Yeah, but there is a bonus to this, we can help law enforcement keep the crime rate down, you can still be on the side of good like you always have been, I know that the first one will be a struggle for you, but it will be fine, I struggled the first time too. But I'll tell you what you told me, in a roundabout way, my dad being a cop, I would be able to follow in his footsteps in a way, keeping the scum off the streets and keeping the people safe. That's what you will be doing, keeping the people safe. As well as thinking of them as a big tasty cheeseburger and a large coffee." She smiled at me. I laughed a little and just nodded. Before going on our way, she kissed me then we took off towards the city.