04 | Vivid Evocation

"Here we are finally, the Siddiqui house. Here onward it's up to you to decide how you are going to face Zoya appi. Look Aditya, she is like my own sister but I have no idea how will her reaction turn out to be for seeing someone who has been away from her for a long time. Let me tell you one thing guaranteed. My girlfriend loves her sister a lot and they share this unexplainable great bond and when it comes to her appi Aditya, Noor had always been protective. So if Zoya appi gets hurt this time, I'm pretty sure that Noor will make you realize in her own way, what kind of a mistake you have made. I just don't want that to happen alright? You are a nice guy and I knew it the moment I met you.."

Vishal announced in an attentive tone as he parked his sedan closer to the Siddiqui house. It was past 8 o'clock in a rainy morning and as Noor had explained in detail, Vishal had arrived at her residence with the Hooda brothers to pick Noor and drop Aditya off. She was supposed to walk outside without letting Zoya have a clue of it since if not, she would have been aware of her sister's master plan, to make her meet Aditya.

Noor had made sure since the beginning, when it wasn't even decided that Aditya would come back to India to apologize to Zoya, not to spill the beans about his sudden call after eight long years since she would most definitely cry. Noor still had her issues with Aditya for making her sister suffer because she wasn't aware of the real story but her heart had somehow agreed when Arjun said to her that day that it wasn't intentional that Aditya had to leave India without talking with Zoya for one last time.

As Arjun and Vishal waited for Noor to come out, Aditya kept looking in to the oblivion crossing his arms across his chest. Every emotion that he had been feeling for Zoya throughout the course of many years were buried even before he had the chance to feel them, willingly. 

Every negative emotion his heart could take upon was brushed away before he could properly feel it, making himself passive and weak. Aditya knew that everyone around him adored him for his bright and cheerful smile and the twenty-four-seven happy disposition, meanwhile every other feeling was crammed into his chest.

The problem was that the space particularly was getting packed and harder to just let go and ignore and the disparity between his pretentious outgoing personality and the inner pain was difficult to bare. That's why Aditya, instead of lurking in the darkness anymore decided to mend the broken friendship to attain peace within as he knew that he cannot exactly call his and Zoya's bond as a relationship anymore. Especially now that she is a married woman, who might probably be doing well for herself and has a family to look after.

"Bhai.. won't  you say anything?"

Arjun's voice broke Aditya's reverie as he immediately jolted in his seat and looked from his brother to Vishal, who was occupying  the driving seat. He knew that he had zoned out.

"Wh.. what did you or.. ah.. Vishal ask me?"

Aditya stuttered as he was completely lost between his remembrances.

"Noor has sent a text saying that she's coming out but she wants you to come in, so that she can arrange a place for you to wait till Zoya gets up. She had been doing work till late night and asked Noor to give her a wake-up call once she reaches her holidaying spot by afternoon, that is past 12' o clock. So.. will you make a move bhai?"

Aditya felt disturbed all of a sudden as he knew that this was finally it, time to face Zoya leaving aside the tension and nervousness he had been feeling since the moment he had landed in India. Arjun slowly placed a hand on top of Aditya's shaking one and gave a mild squeeze.

"Bhai, you sure you can manage? You don't want me to come to talk with Zoya and explain stuff?"

Aditya glared at his brother keenly and nodded in rejection.