chapter 2

(I am Klyscha, the Goddess of Dreams.)

The woman had a gentle expression as she looked into Vahn's eyes. He could see infinite darkness, similar to the abyss that had encroached upon his 'memories' previously. Within that infinite darkness was countless images like stars floating within, like an amalgamation of events creating a view similar to a nebulous galaxy.

(Vahn, I cannot deny you lived a very tragic existence, but know that the love and hopes your mother entrusted you will now become your power.)

"What do you mean, 'my power'?" Vahn asked in a confused manner.

(You see Vahn, everything that a soul experiences in their life result in an accumulation of Karma. This includes all events, both good and bad. The decisions they make, even how they deal with thoughts and memories during moments of introspection. Though you experienced a lot of 'negative karma' from others, it did not increase your own. In fact, because you were the victim of the circumstances it resulted in a positive gain for you. And I know it may have been the cause of your suffering, but your unique bloodline had resulted in a total of 1,317,042 total lives saved over the course of fourteen years.)

Vahn was shocked. Even though he had learned to hate his own existence and inability to take action; even though he had blamed his accursed blood; even though he felt he was just a tool to be used at the convenience of others; he had in fact saved over a million people.

"A million people....me?"

(1,317,042! You shouldn't overlook the 317,042 lives Vahn. Each and every one of them is an entire life credited to your existence and your mother's love for you.)

The child, Vahn, looks down at the 'empty' ground, seemingly lost in thought.

"I understand..."

Klyscha looked at the child who seemed to be in deep contemplation. He was so small and frail...it shouldn't have been his 'burden' to save so many people.

(As I was saying Vahn, even though you may not have intentionally done so, you were able to save 1,317,042 lives. Saving a single life could generate you a large amount of positive karma, and even true heroes typically only accumulate several thousand over the course of their entire lifetime. Because of this, you've accumulated far more than the required karma to obtain benefits after your death. It was because of this fact that I was able to hear your prayers and summon your soul to this space when you died. It's also the reason you have been able to persist in this space for the last three years without being pulled back into the cycle of reincarnation.)

Vahn's ears twitched at the word 'reincarnation'.

"You mean people get to reincarnate?"

The Goddess smiled at the boy's interest in the subject.

(Certainly Vahn. Every soul, including the bad ones, is able to undergo the cycle of reincarnation. Generally speaking, when the soul passes through what we Gods refer to as 'The Gate', their memories are wiped after being reviewed through the 'Kaleidoscopic Wheel of Karma'. Depending on the accumulated Karma the soul would then be reborn among a variety of creatures, or sometimes even inanimate objects. For those who have accumulated a lot of positive karma, such as Heroes, Saints, and other Legendary figures, they are able to retain part of, if not all, of their memories.) (A/N: This sentence has a legendary amount of commas)

The child's eyes seem to light up somewhat, as he looked towards the Goddess with expectation.

"You mean to say that I'll be able to be reincarnated, and keep all of my memories?"

(Indeed Vahn. In fact, because you accumulated so much positive Karma, there are a variety of benefits you have access to.)

"Benefits?" he asked, confused at the Goddess's words.