Chapter 2: Crow's Warning

Blair's dress twirled when she heard the soft chimes sing as the glass door's opened. "Welcome," she said cheerfully. It was the school teacher, Mrs. Liana Lance.

She was a bright young woman with dark black hair that was in a pony and she had a vivid golden dress on matching the sunshine outside. Blair recognized the blue shopping bags Liana was holding tightly, since Blair bought her lingerie from the same shop.

"Good morning, Blair," Liana ran up to her with a huge smile and rosy cheeks. "I need another batch of that special brew you make of, oh what was it-"

"Cloves, ginger and cardamom," Blair reminded.

She tried to hold back a squeal by holding her purse clenched to her chest. "It's amazing how some spices can help in the bedroom."

"You finished the last batch already?" Blair giggled and strode behind the glass counter.

"It works wonders, Blair," she exclaimed with excitement.

Blair couldn't help but slightly blush. "That's nice to hear," Blair scooped up some dried flakes and put them in a clear bag, she carefully tied it with a purple bow and handed it to Liana. "A gift," she said.

Liana's brown eyes brightened. "Thank you, but why?"

Blair closed the lid of the tea box and leaned over the counter. "My tea has made a life better, that's enough payment."

Liana lifted her bags and strode out the door letting the whimsical chimes ring over her as she left with a smile.

Blair straightened the crystals, dusted the shelves and wiped all the mirrors, spotless it all shined under the warm honey sunrays. It was perfect day, she thought, but as she passed by her office a crow outside the small window ruffled its wings, she tilted her head at the small eerie warning.

Abruptly, her door flew open shacking the chimes violently.

"Blair!" A woman came shouting inside. "I need your help," she pleaded hopelessly. Blair recognized the wildly tousled ginger hair and big hazel eyes immediately, it was Eleanor Bates. She owned the bakery shop across from Blair, her infamous cheesecake was always the talk around town.

Blair's brows knit together. "First calm down, Eleanor?" She guided the nervous baker to a seat, with a cup of cool water following closely.

Eleanor took a deep breath and chugged the water down her parched throat. Blair always found Eleanor to be the calm and collected at all times. So, what was this sudden change of spirit? Blair questioned alone.

Blair took the mug from her and set it aside. "Now, tell me all about it?" asked Blair.

"Okay," she said on a sigh. "You know how everyone is expecting me to do the Mayor's wedding preparations-"

Blair nodded. "The cake."

"Yeah," she sobbed. "Now people are asking for birthday surprises, or baby shower cupcakes and I have to maintain my shop every day." Eleanor's head slumped in the palm of her hands. "Why is it so overwhelming?" She begged.

Blair straightened her shoulders and fixed her blouse as she got up from her seat with a small grin. She strode across the shop and opened a glass casket full of crystals and gemstones. Blair followed her slim finger as a guide but secretly it was her magic guiding her, her finger stopped on its own as it hovered over what she was looking for; a blue lace agate crystal. It's a baby blue shard mixed with a hue of greyish silver and it radiated an aura of relaxation and clarity to whoever's heart it laid upon. 

She picked up the crystal and held it close to her heart for a moment, a stream of magic entered the stone, she grasped the ends of the silver chain and found her way back to Eleanor. Eleanor moved her silky ginger hair to the side and let Blair clasp the ends together.