I think I saw you in my dreams

Jimmy's POV

Walking with Elsa, we chatted about how we were going to bring more revuene to the freakshow. I mean, yeah my "act of heroism" brought more customers but the point was, it can't last forever. She had agreed with me and we talked over it at dinner, neither of us thinking it'd be wise to speak in camp. Everyone has been so happy about the overflow of audience so why pop their bubbles so soon? As we continued forwards, we passed a bar and then some blonde floozy. As I walked past, I snuck a glance at her short pink skirt. The top half hugged her chest deliecously and my eyes looked at her creamy smooth long legs. Gal may be short but her legs sure were long!

I felt a hand hit my arm and I looked over at Elsa. "Pay attention boy, now is no time for women." She snapped. I shrugged as an apology as we turned the corner. "It's not like I'll ever see her again. What's the harm in lookin' anyway?" I reply. Honestly, I was still abit wounded about Maggie. Well, of course I couldn't get a girl like her, I just read her wrong is all. I thought she was flirting but no. She probably has a boyfriend back where ever she came from.

"Looking leads to wanting, anyway, I assumed something was going on between you and Maggie." Elsa looked at me. "Naw, she said somethin' about how she didn't see herself in my 'bright future'." I rolled my eyes. Suddenly, we hard muffled voices and then thuds and what sounded like some calling out freak and more words. Then the sound of something being hit repeatly. Me and Els'a eyes met and she nodded. We turned around and rounded the corner again.

On the ground was a gray...girl?...curled in a ball, her tail laying stiffly behind her, and her hands in her white short hair. She was nude, I could tell that much, and the man standing above her kicking her merciluosly. "Hey! You don't treat a woman like that!" I shouted as I rushed towards them. He's blurry eyes looked up intime for me to reach and grab his collar. "She'z jus' some freak that tried to make me sleep wit her! She wante-" I punched him before he could continue wil this lie.

He tried to push me off but his hands kept slidding from my shoulders. "Enough Jimmy! See to the girl, I will bring the car around!" I else Elsa's retreating footsteps. I dropped the guys collar and he fell to the ground, looked up then tried to run off. I wasn't going to bother with chasing him. I turned my attention to the girl, walking up to her and kneeling down. I took off my jacket, she needed something to cover herself up.

I looked at her, gently putting my empty hand on her shoulder. "Miss?" I tried to guide her to lay on her back but it ended up more as a soft push. "Are you ok?" I asked. Her eyes opened to reveal shocking red eyes and I would've gotten lost in them had the situation be less dire. Her skin was a soft solid gray, inhuman color. It reminded me of the goddesses I heard Ma tell me about once. She smiled, showing me her razor sharp teeth and her hand reached up and softly touched my cheek.  "I think I saw you in my sleep, Darling." Her soft voice broke the small trance I was in.

I grabbed her hand, about to ask her again if she was fine and her eyes closed, her hand going limp in mine. I realized I hadn't covered her up yet, and looking at her face, I wrapped her in my leather jacket. I lifted her off the cement. Why was she so light? Almost too much. And while my jacket couldnt cover all of her, it covered enough for me not to feel like a sleez if I look past her neck.

My jacket wrapped tightly around her reminded me of the blonde girl I had walked past. But more. I dont know how the explain it, the short white hair fit her soft gentle features, the small horns a pretty black with gold flicks. Her tail dangled limply and dragged on the ground. That couldn't be confurtable. I adjusted her, holding her like a bride, her tail in my hands to it wouldnt drag on the floor.

I looked at her wide hips, my jacket just covered everything, but left her long legs bare. Her legs a nice gray and smooth. But she was smudged with dirt, and scrapes and small cuts littlered over the skin my jacket didnt cover. I heard a car pull up and looked up to see Elsa motioning for me to put her in the back seat and hurry.

I walked over and kinda bent, my hand feeling for the latch and my arm keeping her steady. Finding it, I pulled it open and gently laid her across the back seats. I closed the door and walked over to the passenger seat, opening is and quickly sat, closing my door as I got in.

"She was naked?" Elsa asked at we drove to camp. I nodded. "How does a nude gray woman parade around the streets and not be noticed?" I asked, looking over at my boss. "Stranger things have happened. But first, we need to see if she's ok than get her dressed. We might have a new employee." Elsa smiled and I glance back at the mysterous girl.

Annabell's POV

I could feel slight pain in my stumache but the most noticeable was I felt  softness surrounding me. I could feel a blanket on top of me, and a soft bed I think under me. I could hear mufflled voices and I opened my eyes, looking around. I was laying in a trailer, the soft bed crattling my back. The muffled voices must be outside. I looked around the small trailer, a fridge and sink with an oven and stove. It was obviously a boys trailer, man clothing scattered on the floor. I sat up and the blanket pooled around my waist. 

I felt fresh and clean, for the first time in months. I looked down at my body, the dirt scrubbed from my skin. Who bathed me? I looked at the wall, seeing a note tacked on it.

Ok, you might be a bit freaked out in a strangers bed and clean. But don't worry, Ethel cleaned you up, you should thank her when you get up. We didn't know your size so just look in my drawer, you can wear some of my clothes and just knock on the trailer door when you're done. ~Jimmy Darling

After reading the note one last time, I looked over at the dresser. It was small, dark wood since I dont really know much about dressers, it looked as good as any to me. I stood slowly, I was used to the world spinning when I wake up. I really need to eat soon. My stumache growled in what seemed like agreement. Looking through the drawers I settled on a pair of worn jeans and a white tee shirt. I frowned when I looked down, I could see my side boobs. No decent woman would wear this, but then again I'm just some freak so what I wear can't make matters worse....right? I walked to the trailer door and knocked hesistently. The muffled voices stopped and the trailer door opened.

A boy with beautiful brown eyes(A/N Ok I dont know the actors eye color so if im wrong, oh well?) and curly blondeish brown hair smiled at me. I could feel a blush on my cheeks and I inwardly cringed. My cheeks turn a deeper gray when I blush and I hate it. He was slightly muscled and his charming smale coaxed a small smile of my own. "Hi, I'm Jimmy Darling." He introduced and held out his hand. They were claw like, reminding me of a crab. But who was I to judge? Im a gray woman with horns and a tail. "Annabell Lee." I shook his hand.

This was they boy I saw in my sleep, I know this for sure.