I only heard it close

Annabell POV

Okay, I only made Jimmy get all thoughtful on me after saying that so I kept quiet. We ate in silence, not that I really minded and from glancing at him I could tell he didn't either. I think.

My throat felt dry as I finished my breakfast and I was still kinda tired but I was used to that. But I wasn't used to being so close to anyone like how close Jimmy was sitting with me. Ok, not by choice anyhow. I liked it though, he's arm against mine, I could feel him and his body heat.

I glanced over at him, only to meet his eyes. A blush rose to my cheeks again and I inwardly swore. Sweet baby Jesus why is he so hot? I'm gonna just be a puddle of Annabell goo if he keeps staring like that! I shifted slightly and that seemed to shake Jimmy from whatever thought he was in. He looked kinda lost and was staring intensely in my eyes. Maybe the red reminded him of something? Oh well.

"Um, could I have something to drink?" I asked looking at my hands. Ugh grey. I heard Jimmys affermative as I closed my eyes and focused. Flesh tone. Blond hair. Brown eyes. Normal teeth. Hornless. Normal tounge. No tail. I could faintly hear Jimmy say something but I was focusing on ridding myself of my oddities. Eating and the rest I had would give me enough energy to hold it for a while.

I opened my eyes, looking at tan hands resting on my lap. Tan. Not grey. I smiled glad to hid my undesirable traits. "Whoa." I heard Jimmy gasp and something clatter to the floor. I raised my gaze, two unopened beers lay forgotten on the ground before Jimmys feet and I met his eyes. His jaw was slack and his eyes wide, shock coloring his features. "Oh...uhm yeah I forgot to tell you I can change my appearance when I have the strength to and can hold my attention." I say sheepishly.

After a few silent moments of shock, confusion took his features. "Then why use your energy on doing it now?" Jimmy asked. I shifted awkwardly and my gaze landed back on my hands. "My actual usually unnerves people. Horns and red eyes?" I shook my head in disgust. "Dont really ooze friendly." I finish. "Well, I like it." He replied. I looked down at myself. "I guess I look pretty when I'm normal." I say and smile up at him.

Jimmys eyebrows knitted together and he looked at me in confusion before realization sparked in his eyes. "No, I think your cuter when your the real you. Your red eyes make me think of rubies and on your cheeks you have little flicks of black going across your nose -like freckles." Jimmy cut himself off of his rant when I guess he was talking. He blushed heavily, as did I, before quickly grabbing the fallen beers and thrusting mine into my palms.

I was so shocked by Jimmys out burst, my camoflague fell. I didn't bother putting it up again. Gosh, Jimmy is too cute for words"