Part 3

It was now Halloween and everyone was getting ready to go to a big party at the precinct Gumshoe worked out of. Phoenix was bringing Maya, who Y/N was very familiar with now, they frequently went on food dates, Larry was also going with his girlfriend.

Miles stood in his pristine condo that was on the 18th floor and overlooked the city. He stood at the window in his normal attire and sipped on a glass of wine. He did not want to go to this party at all. He hated crowds of loud, annoying people. The only thing that might save the night was if he could pick up a pretty girl.

Miles was a very private person, but he had a very strong, very dominant sexual appetite. It was not uncommon for him to have a new girl over every weekend. He never allowed himself to get into relationships though, he didn’t trust enough for that. No one knew about his sexual devious side, no one could really even think of Miles in that position. He was so proper that many people just thought he was a virgin or gay, not that he cared.

As he stood there trying to decide if he was going to go or not, his phone rang. He let it ring several times, waiting for it to go to voicemail. It finally did and he heard Y/N’s voice

“Hey Edgeworth, it’s me.” She said,

Miles's eyes went wide and he looked at the phone, his heart skipping a beat. It was the only girl, or now woman, who had ever made his knees feel weak. He had recently come to the conclusion that he loved her deeply, and that he always had, that his feelings had evolved quite a bit from when they were children. He was too afraid to confess this to her though. But didn’t stop him from talking to her or hanging out with her. He put his wine down on a coaster and ran to pick the phone up.

“Hello? Hello, L/N?” he said.

“Oh! Miles, you sound out of breath.”

“Y-yes, my apologies for not answering the telephone right away, I was...just brushing my teeth you see.” He fibbed.

“No worries, I was just seeing if you were going to that party and if you needed a ride?”

“Oh I… am still not sure if I will be attending.”

“Yeah, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go or not either. Everyone at those things usually gets way too out of hand, even if this is being held at a police station. Phoenix already left with Maya, Larry’s there too. ”

“…so um…forgive me for being intrusive, but if you don’t attend the party, what were you planning on doing?”

“I donno… Night of the Living Dead is playing at the Bijou downtown, it’s a good flick.”

Miles chuckled “…I remember when we were children you made me watch Psycho at least 20 times over the years. Is that still your favorite picture?”

Y/N laughed “It is, and sorry, Anthony Perkins is just amazing.”

“I agree, he was a very talented actor, and you always were a fan of horror films… well, if you decide not to go to the party let me know. I would be happy to accompany you to that movie, it’s been years since I’ve seen it.”

“Yeah! Sure, if you’re onboard I’m definitely up for ditching the party. You sure this wouldn’t be dampering your night?”

“Oh no, to be quite honest, I was hoping to find an excuse not to attend, this will do just fine. Shall I pick you up in 30 minutes? We could grab a bite to eat if you haven’t had your dinner yet.”

“Not sure why you hate my Mini Cooper so much.” She laughed “But sure, do you have my address?”

He had never been to her condo before, and she hadn’t been to his either. “No, I suppose that would be a good place to start.”