Part 10

**Trigger warning, this chapter has to do with abuse.

It was now Christmas time and everyone had kind of paused their work for the holidays. Y/N had just finished up a final report and was looking forward to a much needed vacation.

"Hey Miles," said Y/N, popping her head into Miles' office on the way out of office.

"You coming?"

"No, I'm going to stay here and finish up a few things..."

"What is there to finish up? There aren't any trials you're scheduled for until mid January."

"..."

Y/N frowned, remembering that Miles hated the holidays, he was trying to keep busy.

"Hey um...did you want to go get coffee?"

Edgeworth looked up at her, as if surprised. "Coffee? You and I rarely hang out unless I'm on top of you."

"Charming... you're still my friend, Edgeworth, we can do other things aside from banging..."

Miles thought a moment. "Why don't you just come to my place around 9?"

Y/N laughed and shook her head. "Nope, come on, get up, we're going to Starbucks. Then you're coming back to my place to order take out and watch a movie."

"I'm tired, Y/N..."

"No, you're making excuses."

"...fine, but before the night is out, I'm fucking you."

Y/N rolled her eyes "Fine, Edgeworth. Come on..."

....

The two got Starbucks and sat, tons of people looking at them and taking pictures. As previously mentioned, Edgeworth was quite well known and had many fans.

"This is awful..." complained Miles "You enjoy this? This invasion of privacy? Tomorrow morning the news is going to report that you and I are having relations, or that I've proposed, or something else equally as ludicrous."

"So? Let people think what they want."

"...and all of this disgusting holiday-"

"Miles..."

"What?"

"What is going on with you, Mr. Grinch? I know you have a hang up about holidays, but holy crap. You're really bringing the mood down."

"Gee I don't know, maybe the fact that my father was murdered around this time of year? Or last year around this time I was on trial for a murder I didn't commit...either way, I don't want to talk about it, I don't want to be around people. I want to leave."

"Okay, okay... come on then, you drove us."

.....

Silently the two got up and silently Miles drove them to Y/N's.

"Have a good evening..." he said as he parked.

Y/N rolled her eyes. "Miles, please just come inside? We'll order Chinese and watch a scary movie."

"Ugh, fine..."

They both got out and walked up to Y/N's condo. She let them in. Edgeworth took a look around as she put her stuff down, not getting a chance to familiarize himself with her place last time because he was hungover and Wright interrupted. She was really into antiques and had some very interesting antique books on anatomy.

They placed their order for Chinese food, and Y/N tried her hardest to cheer up this broken man. He just kind of picked at his food with his chopsticks. He also watched the scary movie Y/N chose, the least Christmasy thing she could find, with no emotions. Y/N sighed and turned the TV off when it was over.