Risks

Gabriel watched as his coworker, Nathalie, as she placed the peacock broach on the coat of her pantsuit. He saw her grasp it, and let out a trembling breath.
"Are you sure about this Nathalie?" He asked her softly.
"Like I've said before, sir. I will do anything to make your family happy again." She turned to him with a stern look.

     Her eyes shone with determination, and honesty. They both know the risk. But she wasn't going to back out now. He nodded silently to let her know he understood.
"Very well."

     With a nod in return, he continued his gaze as she summoned the kwami for the first time.
"Dusuu! Spread my feathers!" She glowed blue, as the miraculous gave her power, turning her into a superhero. Or, quote on quote, super villain.

     "So what's the plan-" She stopped in mid sentence, staring afar off. He looked at her puzzled as she fell to the ground, crying out in pain.

     He felt something stab at his heart as he saw her lay in agony. It reminded him of Emilie. Emilie. Their mistake they had made. Why she was in a never ending sleep. It all flooded through his veins, and through his head again. No! He couldn't relive it. Not again!
"Nathalie!" He shouted kneeling next to her as she began coughing.
"This is a mistake!" He said rubbing his face with his hands.

"This miraculous is broken. It's too dangerous!"

     He felt a gentle hand rest on his shoulder.
"Don't worry Gabriel. I agreed to do this. If anything happens to me, it's on me. I volunteered to help. That's what I am going to do. Let's get to work-" She said grasping at her side again.

     He gave her a look that screamed: I can't relive this again! But she gave him a frown in return.
"I'm ready to do this! Trust me. Now, lets get to work." She said sternly, roughly lifting him to his feet. He finally nodded, and hesitantly went back to his place, and darkened the white butterfly in his hand.

~*~

     Adrien was still hugging Marinette, though, he wasn't sure how long they had been. She just rocked him, and patted his back, and whispered caring words in his ear. He never wanted to let go! He hadn't had someone to hug like this since before his mother died! He needed this. More then anything!

     His tears had finally stopped flowing, and he felt a smile crease on his lips. Everything about this hug felt right. He nuzzled his face in her shoulder, and took a deep breath, smelling all the sweet smells of cookies and pastries off of his friend. Her pigtail was in his face too, but he didn't mind. Her hair smelled fresh like shampoo anyway. Little did he know Marinette was getting a good whiff of him too.

     He hugged her closer to him, which reminded them of when they danced together. He felt something inside snap, as his heart began to pound, and blood ran up to his cheeks. He quickly pulled from the hug, and looked into Marinette's eyes. She returned his gaze.

     He looked deep into her blue-belle eyes. They seemed to be blossoming like flowers on a spring day. But, at the same time, they were mysterious. Like the ocean, with waves crashing on the beachy sea shore. There was so much adrenaline going through him as he searched her eyes. He hadn't even noticed he had leaned in closer to her. He watched as her eyes filled with fear, and surprise, as her body language shifted sloppily. He was really close to her now. What am I doing? What is this feeling? He thought to himself, as he felt his insides twist.

     "Marinette..." He caught himself whisper.
"Y-yes?" She gulped in response.
Do you feel this way with a friend? He thought as he wrapped his arm around her slim waist and smiled warmly at her. Am I falling for Marinette? He asked himslef, feeling his heart rate increase tremendously.

     But, what about Ladybug? That thought shot him off of her. When he removed himself, they only stared at each other in shock. Both of their eyes filled with questions, and confusion.
"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, and Adrien Agreste! In my office- now!" They both jumped to the sound of Mr. Damocles' voice in panic. Oh no! I'm in bigger trouble then I can even imagine! He thought frantically.